300 savage model 99 lever 1933 production

Guest 1817ak47

Guest 1817ak47

I am debating on what to do with this. it is a 1933 prod date 300 savage lever action model 99 in I beleive would be considered ex condition. it is ser# 433xxx. anyone have input on these, will post up pics soon

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1817ak47

I thoughtg about keeping it or selling it and maybe getting another ak, but keeping it means having another round laying around too. and I have a few things that need to be paid too

Just did a quick check of Gunbroker completed sells [what they actually sold for] $500.00- 750.00 seems to be the average range for that year and caliber combination.

Is there any sentimental value to the gun? They are great little guns.

Guest 1817ak47

my mother bought it from a lady friend many yrs ago who whas in a situation needing money, thats a'' I know. hasn't been fired in at least nearly 30 yrs. the lever has nice and tight resistance when closing, so it must not have been fired a whole lot

Post pics. Is it a takedown model or a solid frame? Prices are all over the map on them lately, with some selling for crazy money. A few things to look for in evaluating it would be that most of them have a crack in the stock on top where it meets the tang of the receiver. Also, a lot of them have been drilled and tapped for a scope as well as had sling swivel studs installed. All of this hurts collector value. Either way, you'd have to search long and hard to find a better deer rifle. Most of mine will shoot MOA groups with factory ammo. A nice, original pre war 99 in 300 Savage will bring at least $700 to $800 in today's market. If it's a rare model such as a "T", saddle ring carbine, engraved, or one of many other variations, the sky's the limit!!! On the other hand, a "bubba'd" shooter will usually fetch $300-$400.