Hog Hunting Opportunity

Guest forte10

Guest forte10

Recently in talking with a co-worker, I was informed his friend has a lot of property in South Georgia that is overrun with giant hogs. I have always wanted to go hog hunting and finally being afforded the opportunity I am not sure I have a big enough rifle. From what I have been told and have picked up on, they are rather tough to hunt during the day as they often are bedded down. The property I am going to be hunting has a creek running through it and is open meadows with some wooded areas. Co-worker said they have quite a few over 300 pounds on the property and some over 400.

Only concern is about the size of the animals and whether a Remington 6.8 SPC II do the trick. Has anyone gone hog hunting with a 6.8 or a similar cartridge? Thanks for any input as it will be much appreciated. I will have a hunting partner who lives on the property there too for some local knowledge.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest forte10

Somewhere south of Albany is all I know for location. And to the member who PM'd me about wanting to go too...Let me check =)

Hog hunting has been thin for me this year. Tennessee changed their regs for the refuges. I guess it's an Alabama Non resident license and NOT a NWR permit. Their loss, not mine! If I have to pay to hunt out of state, so be it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.