Guns-on campus protestor got win

Looks like for at least another year, there will be defense-less people in the "kill-zones" :death::down: on campuses for TN.

Didn't know there were so many people mis-informed about guns in this state.

Article by Jennifer Brooks (Tennessean, Local & Business Section 1B &8B)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like for at least another year, there will be defense-less people in the "kill-zones" :death::down: on campuses for TN.

Didn't know there were so many people mis-informed about guns in this state.

Article by Jennifer Brooks (Tennessean, Local & Business Section 1B &8B)

Proof that folks can be highly educated, and ignorant at the same time.

I believe there are several reasons why firearm enthusiasts aren't going to see any significant (and maybe not anything at all) in terms of favorable legislation this year. Among those reasons is that we have a governor, a speaker of the house and for that matter, most if not all of the Republican leadership who don't care about or don't want to deal with firearm legislation. Between promises of campaign contribution from major businesses and pressure from college campuses; they aren't going to act on much of anything this year because there are "more pressing issues to deal with".

TFA doesn't have enough PAC money to compare to the pockets of businesses like UPS, FedEx, Dell and others who don't want guns in parking lots and I don't think there is any real support among most Republicans and especially among the Republican leadership to go up against the college dictators who hate guns and everything about them. The NRA also seems to be especially anemic in Tennessee - bottom line is, Republicans take the firearm community in Tennessee for granted - they'll throw us a bone every now and then but don't expect much more.

However, much of the blame rests on us...until significant numbers of firearm enthusiasts not only join organizations like the TFA and NRA but ACTUALLY GET INVOLVED (donations to legislative action committees of TFA/NRA, phone calls, emails, going to capitol hill when important legislation is on the docket, etc.); we aren't likely going to see much happen.

Maybe I'm wrong but I suspect we have a lot more people on internet forums complaining about these issues than we do anyone actually doing anything about it (not to mention the "enthusiasts" who don't even participate in forums or in any other way)! :death:

It was not a good bill anyway. I wonder how many university employees have hcp's?

Well, one right here that would have liked the freedom to carry to work. And from those I talk to there, lots more.

Edited by 9teeneleven
I do.

I maybe only one of a handful at my college, but I've almost got one more colleague talked into it--give me a few more weeks, or by end of summer....it's a SLOW process when someone's been brainwashed as a student and then a professor. But I'm trying!

I'm quoting someone else, but "...there are alot fo stupid smart people out there!"

Not all by any means but there are some that could be called educated idiots. For others education is like a circle, too much and they end up back were they started. Some of the smartest people (not book smart but in common sense) that I know never went to school.

Not all by any means but there are some that could be called educated idiots. For others education is like a circle, too much and they end up back were they started. Some of the smartest people (not book smart but in common sense) that I know never went to school.

Totally agree.