The Presidents Statement - OBL is Dead.

Guest friesepferd

From what I see, this was done saturday night, correct?

as far as time to do a dna test.. there was plenty im sure. I'm no expert, but I doubt they actually take that long to do.

I'm impressed that they managed to carry this mission out without one US casualty. A very impressive job. well done.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News coverage has said it can take as little as five hours to do a full DNA test - they had plenty of time. Along with other physical evidence, I'm sure they got him.

Oh, justice will be served and the battle will rage:

This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage.

You'll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A.

Cuz we'll put a boot in your ass - it's the American way!

Hey, Uncle Sam put your name at the top of his list,

And the Statue of Liberty started shaking her fist.

And the eagle will fly and it's gonna be hell,

When you hear Mother Freedom start ringing her bell.

And it'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you.

Brought to you courtesy of the red, white, and blue.

-Toby Keith

News coverage has said it can take as little as five hours to do a full DNA test - they had plenty of time. Along with other physical evidence, I'm sure they got him.

I suspect it took longer to get the sample to a lab than the testing itself.

I take everything with a grain of salt. As Reagan said "trust but verify" and am waitin for anything other than the word of someone who has a propensity to tell tales.

Dolomite

I suspect it took longer to get the sample to a lab than the testing itself.

Assuming this was as planned as it appears (nixing plan to use JDAMs in favor of SEAL team in order to assure we got him, etc), I suspect they had a lab set up just for this. IOW, I'm betting in a few short hours after they landed back in Afghanistan they had DNNA confirmation...

Guest db99wj
Whether intentional or not, Obama is getting a boost from this. People are giving all the credit to him saying Bush couldn't do it, so Obama did. The credit goes to our men and women who have fought and died to bring this ****er to justice. Not with the political figureheads. Irrelevant if he's the CIC. If a lab technician creates a cure for cancer, he/she gets the credit, not the CEO of the company who really had no input other than saying "Yeah, sounds good, go ahead and do it".

Didn't Clinton start this by arming him, then going Uh, Oh, then trying to disarm him, Bush came in, 911 happened, the hunt was really on, Obama comes in, surprisingly doesn't call it off, and when hears that we have him, ok'd it?

Didn't Clinton start this by arming him, then going Uh, Oh, then trying to disarm him, Bush came in, 911 happened, the hunt was really on, Obama comes in, surprisingly doesn't call it off, and when hears that we have him, ok'd it?

OBL was part of the Mujahadeen, armed by the Reagan administration in response to the Soviet incursion in Afghanistan.

OBL was part of the Mujahadeen, armed by the Reagan administration in response to the Soviet incursion in Afghanistan.

Couldn't have been Reagan. He was perfect. Well, except for Iran Contra, and a few little things like that.

Guest db99wj
Read Charlie Wilson's War. Or watch the movie. We created the power vacuum that let the Taliban come to power.

I've never had the opportunity to watch that, almost several times, but usually something animated ended up being watched....dang kids. Sounds like something I need to watch.

The US did arm the Muj in the fight agains the Soviets of which UBL was a major supporter and player. But what really got under UBL's skin was the fact that his home country and Mecca allowed infedels on its soil in support of Desert Storm. UBL had proposed to Saudi that he could muster up support and fight to rid Kuwait of Saddam. When we was rebuffed by his home country his true hatred came out and he started attacking US interests.