HCP waiting time

Guest TennMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

applied on 3/2, fingerprinted on 3/4, e-mailed Lisa today (3/25) to confirm all paperwork received. She replied and let me know that the only thing was they didn't receive my safety class certificate. I just have to e-mail it over and she said she would go ahead and issue.

Guess that means I'll have another 2 weeks or so for printing and mailing, but not too bad.. Only been 3 weeks today since fingerprinting.

I see where several people have emailed Lisa. I don't see her email listed. I don't want to bother her, but am anxious to know whether I am going to be getting it soon or not. What should I do? It's been 3 weeks, so its not like its been a long time. But I see a lot of people here who applied the same week/day I did and they have theirs. Just makes you anxious.

Guest blankman

Calling seemed to help...class on Feb 7th....prints on Feb 14th....permit in hand on the 24th of March...Happy with the speed of process!

Guest goomba

Figured I'd let ya'll know. I just got my renewed permit in the mail today.

I renewed at the local DMV on March 16. permit expired at the end of April.

Guest cheez

My Tennessee HCP arrived in the mail today. Four weeks and 2 days from the time I applied. I have been carrying on my GA license since moving to TN. Now it feels good to be able to legally carry in several more states than the GA license would let me.

Qualified on March 6, applied on March 10, fingerprint March 13, HCP in mail today April 9th. Thats exactly 30 days counting weekends from application to permit in hand. Thats pretty good if you ask me, especially since its really 22 buisness days. Seems they have gotten there ducks back in a row in Nashville

Guest Glock23ForMe

Got an email from Lisa today, and it was my HCP was issued on 4/12 but it would take 14 days from the print far (like everyone else's) So, honestly, how long does it take, is the whole 14 days a "Worst Case Scenario" thing or does it really take that long? JW.

Got an email from Lisa today, and it was my HCP was issued on 4/12 but it would take 14 days from the print far (like everyone else's) So, honestly, how long does it take, is the whole 14 days a "Worst Case Scenario" thing or does it really take that long? JW.

Mine was issued on 3/31 and received 4/9. Mail usually takes a day or two longer to make it up to me since I'm in a bit of a rural area. Id say next Wednesday or so you'll be getting it out of the mailbox. At least let's hope it is that quick!

Guest Glock23ForMe
Mine was issued on 3/31 and received 4/9. Mail usually takes a day or two longer to make it up to me since I'm in a bit of a rural area. Id say next Wednesday or so you'll be getting it out of the mailbox. At least let's hope it is that quick!

Yeah... everyday for a week, i've been getting out of my car... closing my eyes... RIPPING the mailbox door open... and seeing an empty mailbox... however, my Supertuck was in there today, but no plain white envelope from the state of TN :P

I've always followed my gut. Something told me things were going ok with my permit application yesterday. So I emailed Lisa. She told me my permit was issued on 4/8/10 and printed on 4/12/10, and that I should be getting it in about 10 days. HOORAH!!!! And the mailman thought I was charging him before....... Lisa is really a sweet and nice lady. My first email to her was just on a whim on a Friday night. She answered me on a Saturday morning. she was super sweet. Just makes the whole thing so much nicer when you have someone who puts up with us guys (and gals) who probably bug her more than we should, but we can't help it cuz it's like your first Christmas and you just can't wait. So many people who work for the government or the state are rarely kind, and when you deal with someone who breaks that stereotype it's great. I sorta feel sorry now for my mailman!

My wife and I took the HCP on 3/30 and 4/1. Went to the Bonny Oaks Drive Driver's License Station on 4/5 but it was covered up with people. Went back on 4/2 and my wife and I handed in our paperwork, etc. at the same DLS. Then went straight to UPS to get the fingerprinting done.

When at home that evening I noticed the worker at the DSL had not kept my wife's wife Handgun Course Completion certificate (white copy). I called Nashville the next morning. The lady in Nashville said to take the certificate back to the DSL and have them put my wife's certificate with her paperwork. I sure hope her paperwork gets all back together. The people at the Bonny Oaks DSL are idiots and full of attitude.

Superposed

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1817ak47

is there any way to check it online in a similiar manner like you can to upadate uddress for drivers license, get a dup license or renew it???

Guest 1817ak47

I wounder if it make any difference in waiting time if you have lived in many different states or counties since they likely do background checks on you to those counties etc???

just a thought I haven't lived here all my life so I am afraid I will have to wait a while yet

Guest johnsonc22

I have only had my permit for a few months, but it only took a week and a few to get it back. Sent in everything on wed. and thurs. a week later it was in the mail. My instructor (who is a close friend) said that was crazy fast he has never heard one taking so fast. My brother-in-law took the test with me is still waiting for his.