HK 45 & FNP 45 my first 2 polymer 45's

Kano

Coming from only shooting 1911's was not expecting the 25 yard results I got .

Guns & leather had them in stock.

All shooting was done at there indoor range at 25 yards.

Hand Held slow fire in single action

HK 45 My Reloads

( 3 Rounds 3/4")

Nosler 185 Grain 4.7 Clays .. I use 4.3 for my 1911's

100_2464-1-1.jpg?t=1303547359

5 rounds Factory Remington 230 grain JHP

1 10/16"

100_2465-1-1.jpg?t=1303547359

8 Rounds 3 3/16"

Take out the flyer and 7 rounds are 2 1/2"

100_2462-1-1.jpg?t=1303547359

FNP 45

35 Rounds at 25 yards

minus 1 Flyer 34 Rounds a little under 4 1/2"

100_2340.jpg?t=1303548276

100_2316-1.jpg?t=1303547937

100_2320-1-1.jpg?t=1303547937

Both are going to be used for carry

Wayne Webster at Guns and Leather

made me this Excellent alligator skin holster

That rides High and Tight

100_2390-1.jpg?t=1303549157

Both are very well made and accurate pistols.

http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/hk45_general.asp

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=fnf020&gid=fng001&mid=FNM0062

HK45 Endurance Test

Edited by Kano
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting the report. Good shooting Kano per usual. Does that holster fit the FNP too? I have been looking for something for awhile. Not too much commercally available.

High Noon Holsters now makes holsters for the FN-45. I've only seen them online, but they look good. I like this one: Slide Guard

I just really prefer to buy where I can hold, feel and try the fit in person before I buy. I bought a nice Don Hume belt slide at the Nashville Gun SHow last year from the big holster vendor thats always there. Its made for an XD, but fits my FN-45 very well. It has the slide guard like in the link.

Thanks for the pics Kano; that look like a pretty sweet holster. Last winter I used a Don Humes OWB intended for the XDM, but the contours of the barrel were a little different and it makes for a (little too) tight fit.

Guest drv2fst

So, both 45's performed well in your testing at the range. Which one do you prefer and why? I have two of the HK45's and was considering getting another one or getting an FN45. I really like all the FN stuff I've had in the past but have never had one of their 45's. That said, I really like my HK's as well.

Guest Tnbusarider

I had the usp compact .45, till it was stolen in 2009! I sent it back to HK, and they put an ambi hammer drop safety, and non bobbed hammer on it for me!

It was one of the best shooters I have ever owned! Sure wish I could get it back!

Which one do you prefer and why?

The FNP is just as accurate at 25 yards and holds more rounds and is less money.

But the HK is like a semi Custom 1911 in how it feels in my hands and JMO worth the extra money you pay for it. I truly like them both but give a slight edge to the HK in that it feels a little better in my hands but accuracy the FNP is just as good at 25 yards.

So, both 45's performed well in your testing at the range. Which one do you prefer and why? I have two of the HK45's and was considering getting another one or getting an FN45. I really like all the FN stuff I've had in the past but have never had one of their 45's. That said, I really like my HK's as well.

Both"stove pipe with them but if I go up in powder grains they work around 97% of the time.

But that is only with 20 rounds so far ..I am going to try it again my next range session.

I went up to 4.7 grains and can go up to 4.9 but will try 4.8 first.

My 1911 works great with 4.3.

I have used factory ammo but just started trying my reloads.

Did you try your loads in the FNP? I have found they like near the maximum load in order to cycle reliably.