I got my permit today.....

Guest mklaglock19

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mklaglock19

Now I need to get a holster...any suggestions? I am 4'11 and am about 95lbs and will be carrying a Glock 19.

Edit: I should mention that I quite often have a 2 year old in my arms.

Edited by mklaglock19
Guest carter

disantis intruder.... have been carring my G19 daily in one for year now and like it...has held up well... i do have a bianchi carry-lok also...hardly ever use it...think i wore it once when i went to go qualify

Guest pfries

congrats,

I am 6'0" @150Lbs I have 5 kids youngest 2 and don't forget the 1/2 (you will be told)....

I have a supertuck and carry a XD9 TAC and an XD40 SC (supertuck also) worn at 4:00 position.

I do have to put my youngest on my weak side for extended periods,

I can put him on my strong side but if it is for to long he slides down.

You will find many suggestions on carry holsters but the best thing to do is go somewhere locally if you have such a place and look at as many as you can, try them on, etc. You will more than likely end up with a drawer full until you end up with one you really like.

Ive gone from 12.00 Uncle Mike's cheapo's to 100.00 Galco Royal Guard's and found that, believe it or not, the cheap one was the most comfortable. But I didn't like the retention that was lacking on the cheaper one. I preferred OWB, but recent stomach problems has made me lean toward IWB more.

I couldn't find one I really liked til I bought one from a company called Gazelle holsters. They have one that, quite honestly, is so comfortable I actually forget Im carrying it after an hour or so. It's leather with suede lining and a metal clip which fits over your belt. I carry a Glock 23, which is the same in holster size as a G19. You can see a picture of it here. Auctiva Image Hosting

and it only took 24 days!! Yay!!

Congratulations! On your holster post - like shoes, what fits you best (not being snarky) - I also have the good old G19 and what a great gun. TMy two cents is try a few and you may ultimately findyourself with some for sale or trade, but best way I know to find that "one" that fits and works for you. Me, I like Blackhawk stuff, but don't carry IWB - which requires some change at times to what I carry, etc, as I am not an intentional open carry fella.

Again, congrats!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Boogieman

Awesome! I sent off my paperwork yesterday and got printed today. Glad the wait time seems to be around 3 weeks or so.

I bought some pretty good leather...made a cast of my M19 round butt... Shaped wet leather around it...while it was drying I made some cardboard holsters and tried different positions and styles...finally decided on a shoulder holster and built one. The wife liked it because it fit under her b....b She kept the holster and the gun..dang her hide.

Guest 73challenger

Congrats! I am on my 9th day. I hope it doesn't take to long. Were your fingerprints electronic? I read not having to mail the prints makes the wait shorter?

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I did the application on May 16 & got printed (electronically, which I hear is faster than getting the paper ink ones) on May 17. I'm hoping my process goes quickly. Would love to get my permit in 20-something days. :)

I got a XDm 9mm compact for carrying. I got a blackhawk serpa OWB holster to use when I'm not too worried about it not being concealed, or for winter when I can wear a coat or jacket over it & still not show too much. I got a Tagua IWB holster for when I want to carry concealed. I'll probably end up getting a Crossbreed Supertuck for it if I find that the Tagua one is really uncomfortable. I like wearing my gun up front, kind of in the 2:00 position or so as opposed to behind me in the 4:00, & I'm not sure if the Supertuck can be work like that, or if its comfortable at all if it is.

Edited by ArmaDeFuego

very possible, mine came in 20 days. applied and fingerprinted electronicly on 5-4 and recieved my permit on 5-24. good luck to ya

I did the application on May 16 & got printed (electronically, which I hear is faster than getting the paper ink ones) on May 17. I'm hoping my process goes quickly. Would love to get my permit in 20-something days. :)

I got a XDm 9mm compact for carrying. I got a blackhawk serpa OWB holster to use when I'm not too worried about it not being concealed, or for winter when I can wear a coat or jacket over it & still not show too much. I got a Tagua IWB holster for when I want to carry concealed. I'll probably end up getting a Crossbreed Supertuck for it if I find that the Tagua one is really uncomfortable. I like wearing my gun up front, kind of in the 2:00 position or so as opposed to behind me in the 4:00, & I'm not sure if the Supertuck can be work like that, or if its comfortable at all if it is.

Edited by gl19gobang