AR15 Build Take a guess?

JeffsSig

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took Supaflys advice .

But I used a Stainless steel mag.

It almost turn out the way I wanted but Im not done yet. Getting near what I want.

mag2t.jpg

The mag looks good. I've got about 12 of those sitting in a box. I'm still waiting for my aluminum ones to give me a problem, one the steel ones give me a problem I've got Pmags to back those up. I can't wait to see how it looks. I've thought about leaving my AR all satin black and having the accents done in a black chrome. But that's another experiment in itself.

Looking good, are those SOCOM rounds?

Dolomite

Yes sir they are indeed .458 SOCOM.

They just happen to be some rounds setting on my desk when I took the picture. So I added them to show the mirror finish better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im almost done.

I still need to fit the forearms ( due to the upper being a piston upper.)

I have a wood grip to match but I think I like it as it is now with the stock grip.

Here are a few images so far. It matches my Sig 220 rather well I think. :D

artwotone1.jpg

artwotone2.jpg

artwotone3.jpg

artwotone4.jpg

artwotone5.jpg

The Magpul front sight needs to go It dont match the gun at all.

Edited by JeffsSig

Looks awesome.

I think a fixed front site would look best, considering the 'old school' style hand guard and stock. It has such a classic 'M16' look to it. Very nice.

Would love to see it with the wood grip as well.

Here is the wood grip on it.

Yes Id like the A2 front sight but Im not sure I can do that with it being a piston upper./QUOTE]

Oh yah, that wood grip makes it, imo.

I bet you can find a simple pinned A2 front sight for it, placed in front of the piston gas block (if you can't find one for the block)...

Oh yah, that wood grip makes it, imo.

I bet you can find a simple pinned A2 front sight for it, placed in front of the piston gas block (if you can't find one for the block)...

Might be a can 'o worms. I've only removed one A2 sight, but the barrel was drilled for the pins. You would most likely have to go in front of the grenade launcher notch. To top it off, the front sight would wind up right in the middle of the optic's sight picture. That's why I removed the A2 sight to begin with. I agree it would look good on the rifle, if the gas block wasn't in the way.

EDIT: Jeff just needs to build another with an A2 front sight and carry handle. We also need to see that little "G" on the trigger next time :-)

Edited by mikegideon