AR15 Build Take a guess?

JeffsSig

Im working on a new AR build and it is inspired by one of my Sig handguns.

Ive not seen many that will look like it when I am done (due to the fact not many may like it).

This will take me 4-6 weeks to wait on some parts.

Care to guess what it will be? :)

Ill update latter when I confirm parts are shipped.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have some WILD guesses. :D

Well I have confirmed I can do what I wanted to do. I have my parts boxed up and sent off.

Here is the gun that inspired me. My Sig P220 with factory nickel accents. I love the 2 tone effect and I’m sure not many do.

p220.jpg

grips.jpg

So I decide to make an AR to match my 220 and I sent off these parts to get chrome plated (mat finish)

parts.jpg

I also found some wood furniture to match. Yes wood LOL I know most will say WOOD on a AR?

getthumb.jpg

getthumb2.jpg

getthumb3.jpg

The Gun will be a Piston upper by Adams Arms and a Rock River lower that I am doing this to. :)

You should SBR it and chamber it in .45. Now THAT would be cool! :)

YES that would be sweet!

But my only drawback is the Mags for the 45 and 9mm and others.

They are all to skinny.

If somone could make mags that are the same size as the 5.56/223 like the 458 socom uses or 22LR with a modified top then Id be all over diffrent uppers in something like a .45

YES that would be sweet!

But my only drawback is the Mags for the 45 and 9mm and others.

They are all to skinny.

If somone could make mags that are the same size as the 5.56/223 like the 458 socom uses or 22LR with a modified top then Id be all over diffrent uppers in something like a .45

I agree. The only thing keeping me from building a 9mm or .45 ACP AR is the mags. Surely somebody can figure that one out soon.
anyone know of chrome or nickel plated 20 Round mags?AR

Sand the anodizing off the aluminum mags and polish them. Would be cheaper, easier and probably look better as well.

Might look nice if you sand the high spots and leave the low spots black so it has the same contrast as the rifle itself.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
Hero Gear sold wood furniture for AR's at one point. I am sure they still do. I actually like the look of some of their wilder colors.

I am sure yours is going to look great, I always like when there is some contrast.

Dolomtie

It looks nice, but it's heavy as hell and gets hot fairly quickly.

I dont think they do yet. Your pretty handy...maybe you could fabricate something. Unless your only shooting 1 mag....you'll probably need something....would the piston make it less hot or would it be just like an AK?
Yep. The wood should be just fine on a piston gun.
Guest BenderBendingRodriguez
This seems a little off topic...but I could be wrong

If nothing else, it's sure to inject some interest into the whole "I prefer AKs because ARs are too expensive" discussion.