Glock 19 Gen 4 troubles

Guest bravio

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I have been looking into buying a Glock 19 Gen 4 to carry. I went to the range today & rented one to try it out. I was NOT impressed.

I put 50 rounds through it & had two FTEs. Thats silly for a $600 gun. A Glock should have 0 FTEs on anything you put through it. I'm probably gonna get a Springfield XDm Compact now instead.

The kicker is, I took my Hi Point .45 with me & it fired FLAWLESSLY every time hahahaha. I've put 150 rounds through it & havent had one problem.

So yea, really disappointed with that Glock. I'm probably gonna try the XDm tomorrow.

just some fyi.

at the idpa nationals last year at the glock table. we had a long dissicion about glocks and the gen4. what i am going to tell is all FACT AND TRUE about what we where told. the glock rep said and quote"glock does not malfuction, it is the user. the gen 4 recoil spring problem is just internet BS. after some testing they did change the spring rate BECAUSE ALL THE AMMO TESTED here in the states is out spec.

the glock runs 100% with a user who knows how to handle a gun.

true story!!!

just some fyi.

at the idpa nationals last year at the glock table. we had a long dissicion about glocks and the gen4. what i am going to tell is all FACT AND TRUE about what we where told. the glock rep said and quote"glock does not malfuction, it is the user. the gen 4 recoil spring problem is just internet BS. after some testing they did change the spring rate BECAUSE ALL THE AMMO TESTED here in the states is out spec.

the glock runs 100% with a user who knows how to handle a gun.

true story!!!

That kind of arrogance will not help them. They need to fix the G19 once and for all. Like I said, my G23 runs great.

Guest bravio

HA, Like I don't know how to use the 19? I shoot the gen 3 19, then gen3 17, the gen 3 22 and 23 and the 30. None of these ever malfunction. I agree that the arrogant attitude will hurt them. Glock's great reputation now has a black mark and it will not go away until they rectify this Gen 4- 19 problem completely.

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I agree. I definitely wasnt limp wristing it or anything. It was the gun, not me. Like I said, if I can shoot a Hi Point with no troubles then the Glock should definitely work fine.

Thanks to all of you who have posted replies to my thread and thanks for all the advice. Let me tell you of the latest updates.

Monday, May 9, we put an additional 150 NATO rounds through the gun. No FTFs. Then since we had put 250 through, we decided that it was time to go back to standard 115 gr. ammo. So after about 600 rounds (250 was NATO) we shot about 400 mix of Remington, Winchester and reloads. She only had 5 FTFs.

Today, May 13, she put 150 rounds of reloads through and had not one FTF. I am thinking and it appears that the gun is getting better and having fewer and fewer FTFs. Today, she decided to keep the gun since it feels good in her hand and her accuracy is much, much better than other 9s that she shoots. We had one shell that did not seat and we checked it against the barrel of a CZ RAMI. The shell had a slight bulge on it and it would not go into the Gen 4. But it fell right into the RAMI. It seems that this Gen 4 Glock 19 has a smaller oriface for the ammo to enter. Could that also be a problem with FTFs. I received a message saying there were many problems witht the 19. I tend to agree that Glock has messed up the 9mm Gen 4. I should not have had to send 750 rounds through for it to shoot well. I will not buy another new Glock until there is a lot of testing by the public. My new M&P 45 and 40s are wonderful...maybe S&W has won me over..

Just curious how you feel about your Rami compared to your Glocks... Thanks