M57 Tokarev

Ramjo

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

Don't know anything about them, but they certainly look...utilitarian. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Tokarev pistols are known for being very strong and reliable. The Yugo version uses a slightly longer magazine which holds 9rds instead of the 8 rds of the TT33. This is probably one of the better buys in the C&R market right now. Surplus ammo is very inexpensive and pretty powerful. Expect a nice fireball!

I am tempted, they are well designed and powerful guns. Some of the ammo is corrosive, esp the better bargains, so learn to clean a gun properly if you plan on going there. Its really quite powerful for its age, and built back when stuff was made to last.

Note: the ad you listed is for used guns that were not cleaned up after corrosive ammo, and could be in rather bad shape internally --- so long as YOU are aware of this, proceed.

Guest J.D. Skull

I'm waiting for my first order from Buds. A PPS-43c 7.63x25 and will probably add a tok of some kind to go with it. 7.62x25 is too cheap for a tightwad like me to pass up. Imagine the thrill of owning a gun that you can actully afford to shoot.:poop:

Guest smileyguy

The 7.62x25 is a great round and, the toks are great guns. I would probably stick to a Romanian or Polish due to magazine availability, unless you're more of a collector and magazine availability is not a concern. The CZ 52 is good as well, but I think the whole don't shoot czech ammo through a tok is a bit of an old wives tale. Furthermore, the CZ decocker is NOT to be trusted, and the firing pin and rollers should probably be replaced.

If you are looking at one of the CZ-52's there is something to check. On top of the barrel there are dots, up to 4 I believe. The more dots the more accurate the gun was during testing. I thought BS when I first heard this until I started inspecting every CZ I cam across. Sure enought they all had these witess marks.

Dolomite

pps_002.jpgyes and i love mine .it shoots anything i put in it.sure is fun and easy to bump fire.

Any advice when buying one of those? There is a local store here that is selling one for around 450. Comes with 4 mags as well. And please explain the bump fire?

i ordered mine through centerfire for $349 with 4 mags. you can have it sent to a local shop and they will do a transfer fee. bills outpost in maryville only charges $20 for it .than $10 for the back ground check .if you prepay to who ever you order it through out of state you do not have to pay sales tax.i bought a 1240 round case of ammo from copes for $120 delivered but they are out of it for now.j&g has it and southern ohio guns also

Edited by dou44