Is a "gunbuster" sign considered a proper posting?

Guest kldonegan

Guest kldonegan

Hello.

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong section; I'm still learning my way around. I was in the Hillsboro Village area today and noticed a few gunbuster signs in windows and wondered if they have the force of law. I'm new to concealed carry, and was under the impression that the posting needed to be "substantially similar to" the letter of the law. Have I misunderstood?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello.

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong section; I'm still learning my way around. I was in the Hillsboro Village area today and noticed a few gunbuster signs in windows and wondered if they have the force of law. I'm new to concealed carry, and was under the impression that the posting needed to be "substantially similar to" the letter of the law. Have I misunderstood?

Postings have to either 'substantially similar' and/or the gunbuster symbol to be legal.

Hello.

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong section; I'm still learning my way around. I was in the Hillsboro Village area today and noticed a few gunbuster signs in windows

please be sure to add these businesses to the "carry prohibited locations" forum.

pick up your cell phone and call them from outside and ask them if they have something. Say great I will be right down. 15 minutes later call them back, ask for the manger and tell them you drove down to buy such and such item and noticed the Gun buster and are upset that you now have to go find it someplace else.

Side note, I didn't read the sign fully, but along with a legal posting at Kays Jewelry (on the door) in Turkey Creek Knoxville says something about the parking lot as well. I looked at it and thought there is no way that can include the parking lot since I can not see that from the entire parking lot, actually I can not read it until I am at the door. I don't know about all, but at least some other business' there are not posted.

(I had no choice but to go in there, warranty work on a ring, lifetime warranty wedding ring cleaning)

(I disarmed at the car as I knew that store was posted)

Edited by vontar
Guest carter

interesting store... i went into this Cash for Gold place here in the Boro... they had a gun buster sign on the door... i was looking for a necklace to gift someone...and i noticed a gentleman behind the counter with a conceal carry badge around his neck and open carrying a pistol... thought that was odd they have someone working there carrying but don’t want anyone else to... is that not against the law? Seems like he was there for security cause he didn’t help me, the woman there did… needless to say I didn’t buy anything there.

interesting store... i went into this Cash for Gold place here in the Boro... they had a gun buster sign on the door... i was looking for a necklace to gift someone...and i noticed a gentleman behind the counter with a conceal carry badge around his neck and open carrying a pistol... thought that was odd they have someone working there carrying but don’t want anyone else to... is that not against the law? ...

Statute says ok to carry at "a person's place of business ... or premises", no permit required.

It is not further defined. A gray area, like much of TN weapons law.

- OS

interesting store... i went into this Cash for Gold place here in the Boro... they had a gun buster sign on the door... i was looking for a necklace to gift someone...and i noticed a gentleman behind the counter with a conceal carry badge around his neck and open carrying a pistol... thought that was odd they have someone working there carrying but don’t want anyone else to... is that not against the law? Seems like he was there for security cause he didn’t help me, the woman there did… needless to say I didn’t buy anything there.

It's my understanding that a business can allow its employees to be armed but deny firearms in their business for customers...that may seem a little odd but I think I can see their reasoning even though I don't agree with it.

Of course, openly carrying with a stupid "HCP BADGE" around your neck seems the most odd of all...the badge does nothing but draw attention - he might as well have a sign hanging around his neck that says "shoot me first"...couple that with the store being an otherwise "gun free zone" and the bad buy will know that all he as to worry about as threats are the employees with the HCP badges. :)

It's my understanding that a business can allow its employees to be armed but deny firearms in their business for customers...that may seem a little odd but I think I can see their reasoning even though I don't agree with it...

That was mentioned in previous alcohol serving establishment statute, which was zapped. Only mention now of carry allowed in a biz is my reference in previous post.

- OS

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez
I would have busted out laughing and had to leave. rollfloor.gif

Me too. Clearly the proper place to carry your conceal carry badge is on your belt. Right next to your openly carried gun. Duh!

Guest carter

indeed... if i didnt know better i thought he was more or less working as a security guard... wander if he had a licence to do that... i was carrying but didnt stay long and did give him a look up and down in a very weird way lol

I carried in the Hooter's in Murfreesboro last night, didn't see the sign. On the way out, my friend pointed, there was a gunbuster sign off in the other corner of the door, where it wasn't easily visible. I jokingly mentioned "no berettas, I have a Glock".