Commercial Appeal has updated its directory

Guest RichieRich

Guest RichieRich

Someone just pointed out to me that the Communist Repeal here in Memphis has updated its online HCP search site: Tennessee Handgun Carry Permits Information & News from The Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)

I guess this is so people can find out who their "dangerous" neighbors are.

Anyway, I just ran my name and am still not listed. One would think that at least if they were going to do this, they'd get it right, but what can you expect from the liberal rag.

I posted the updated link above in case anyone is interested.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone just pointed out to me that the Communist Repeal here in Memphis has updated its online HCP search site: Tennessee Handgun Carry Permits Information & News from The Commercial Appeal (Memphis, TN)

I guess this is so people can find out who their "dangerous" neighbors are.

Anyway, I just ran my name and am still not listed. One would think that at least if they were going to do this, they'd get it right, but what can you expect from the liberal rag.

I posted the updated link above in case anyone is interested.

I love those b@$+@%)$.

Guest RichieRich
Yours issued before March 8, 2011 ?

- OS

Yup, last year after their last database was posted, so I've never been flagged by the rag.

I'm carrying as concealed as possible!

Guest TnRebel

In FL, names of CWP holders are not made public--protected by state statute.

It is the same in NM.

In Missouri, by state statute, the names are private.

I think its time to put some pressure on out state reps.

sweet ... the wife & I aren't in there ...

on another note ... i see people with the same last name as me (quite a rare last name) and they live in the same zipcode! may need to meet these people, might be long lost relatives! LOL

Guest mosinon

Why would it be hidden? It is a state issued permit after all. You can look on freaking zillow and see how much I paid for my house. You can also look and see the status of my taxes on said house. I'm fairly certain I can look at your license plate and find out who owns that car and so forth.

Guest mosinon
Actually, I don't think they allow plates/DL database out, even for filthy lucre, do they?

- OS

I am not sure. I see some sites that purport to do just that but I can't test them because I don't actually know what my license plate says. I suspect it reads STPID DRVER but I am unsure because I didn't pay extra for the accurate plates.

Actually, I don't think they allow plates/DL database out, even for filthy lucre, do they?

- OS

I've actually wondered that. I've always heard you could track someone down by their license plate but have not figured out how. After my car was vandalized and I got the persons tag # I tried to figure out where they lived with no luck.

I've actually wondered that. I've always heard you could track someone down by their license plate but have not figured out how. After my car was vandalized and I got the persons tag # I tried to figure out where they lived with no luck.

Well, the cops can run them of course. Probably would had you reported it? They wouldn't necessarily tell you the dope, though.

- OS