New 1st AR

I know how you all like pics and I got alot of help from here mostly reading old threads but I have finally got it shotable. I have shot about 30 rounds already but it was with a fake Larue I screwed up and bought and was way off. I still need a few things like sling & adapter, rear folding buis and am looking at the slr-1s for home use but after stocking up on ammo I will need to wait a bit.

AR2.jpg

AR1.jpg

:)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good. Backup sights are a must have, but soon you will find that you need backup AR's too. :rolleyes: Buying ammo won't be a problem for long. Eventually it will replace food and other things as your top priority. Suggest you talk the wife into shooting it ASAP. It's the only way she will have a chance of understanding.

Guest 6.8 AR
Looks good. Backup sights are a must have, but soon you will find that you need backup AR's too. :rolleyes: Buying ammo won't be a problem for long. Eventually it will replace food and other things as your top priority. Suggest you talk the wife into shooting it ASAP. It's the only way she will have a chance of understanding.

He isn't joking!

Good looking build, and I will second the heroin addiction comparison. I just finished my first ground up build (and my first AR). It was a lot of fun, and a great learning experience.

I would look into getting a fold-down rear sight. Nothing more comfortable than co-witnessed irons.

Looks good. Backup sights are a must have, but soon you will find that you need backup AR's too. :P Buying ammo won't be a problem for long. Eventually it will replace food and other things as your top priority. Suggest you talk the wife into shooting it ASAP. It's the only way she will have a chance of understanding.

I know I really need a rear sight, it would have made it alot easier to sight in today but I messed up and bought a fake larue rear buis on gun broker and the prick wouldnt refund. I found the Eotech last week on the xd forum at a GREAT price so I will wait another week till I can get the rear buis. As for the wife, she is already semi hooked because of the adjusting stock fitting her little self and the weight is only 7lbs. w/o ammo and I am sure she will like the way it handles. Today was the first time I shot it after putting the moe stock, spike's tactical st-t2, miculek comp. and the eotech on top made it soooooooo sweet...

Ain't that a good warm and fuzzy feeling having an AR at home? Congrats.

Yes... as the order confimation from BCM hits my inbox :P. Ordering parts for my third. A steady diet of pinto beans and cornbread really isn't that bad. In fact, you can carry the cornbread in your range bag without messing up your ammo. :x:

Yes... as the order confimation from BCM hits my inbox :D. Ordering parts for my third. A steady diet of pinto beans and cornbread really isn't that bad. In fact, you can carry the cornbread in your range bag without messing up your ammo. :D

hahaha.....i know the feeling.....however no amount of saving will speed up the production of my freakin zombie lower lol....so alas I have a lot of nice parts and no way to make them work together.

hahaha.....i know the feeling.....however no amount of saving will speed up the production of my freakin zombie lower lol....so alas I have a lot of nice parts and no way to make them work together.

Things are a little gummed up out there. I think we may have a small Obammy bump in sales. I'm going ass backwards on mine as well. I ordered upper parts last night. Haven't even decided on a lower. I may just get in line at Spikes.