Its just the way of the world today

Guest mbushell

Guest mbushell

I took the HCP class required by the second ammendment the other day. Got 100 on the test, and got some estimates done for work while listening to the instructor, and the guy who spent two hours of the 8 hour class selling us insurance...You heard me. A smiley-a$$ salesman, who was introduced by the teacher, wasted hours of the time I was required to do and pay for... doing a live infomercial on insurance.

Just an Idea tennessee:

#1 Take my money, and just tell me you are stealing it.

#2 hand me the test so i can pass it

#3 do your background check, and watch me shoot a 4" hole in a target at 6 yards

#4 but please dont waste my time with insurance salesmen

jeeze

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the instructor didn't get a kick-back from any insurance sold... The state mandates the HCP curriculum, unless you get permission to modify it; I wonder where the insurance sales pitch fits in.

What was the school/instructor? Knowing which schools do things right (and those that don't) is always helpful when asked for a recommendation for a HCP class.

Guest monkeyhumper

I was lucky. Our local Sheriff holds classes for $5, and there aren't any sales pitches.

I got a 98% on my range test, but I blame cheapo white box ammo. I had 1 FTF (not that this affected my score), and one shot that was a good six inches low from the rest of my grouping. Stupid ammo.

I took the HCP class required by the second ammendment the other day. Got 100 on the test, and got some estimates done for work while listening to the instructor, and the guy who spent two hours of the 8 hour class selling us insurance...You heard me. A smiley-a$$ salesman, who was introduced by the teacher, wasted hours of the time I was required to do and pay for... doing a live infomercial on insurance.

Just an Idea tennessee:

#1 Take my money, and just tell me you are stealing it.

#2 hand me the test so i can pass it

#3 do your background check, and watch me shoot a 4" hole in a target at 6 yards

#4 but please dont waste my time with insurance salesmen

jeeze

It would have made me mad enough to report them to the state.

, and got some estimates done for work while listening to the instructor, and the guy who spent two hours of the 8 hour class selling us insurance...You heard me. A smiley-a$$ salesman, who was introduced by the teacher.

Yea, it does not seem right at all for the instructor to bring in an insurance sales man to use the class to add more kick backs.

I would have been pissed, I would have said, I go to Walgreen's for meds, I go to a car lot for a car, I go a gun store for guns and I go to an insurance place when I need insurance. I never buy anything from a high pressure sales man and I may have considered asking for my money back from the instructor if they didn't get the class moving.

Anyone that knocks on my door trying to sell anything I send them away, when I go to Gatlinburg tn and street vendor won't leave me a alone, I threaten to report them. They are the reason I hate Gatlinburg tn.

I hope no one brought the insurance.

Guest mbushell

I didnt post the school name on purpose. I am pissed about the sales pitch, but I try to be like switzerland ya know. Im not looking to get anyone in trouble, or make waves.Just to post an entertaining thread for your reading pleasure.

Its a good attitude to have while carrying a gun in public with an already itchy finger.

I didnt post the school name on purpose. I am pissed about the sales pitch, but I try to be like switzerland ya know. Im not looking to get anyone in trouble, or make waves.Just to post an entertaining thread for your reading pleasure.

Its a good attitude to have while carrying a gun in public with an already itchy finger.

Well said sir.