hard choice....

Guest carter

Guest carter

I am looking at a few pistolas... Sig P226 with beavertail....or P229 without beavertail... not real sure what im going to do with it... shoot it of course...look at it... probley would not be a daily carry piece... i sold my RIA 45 compact which i shot once... just feeling i need to replace it with something along these lines... or could use another P238 i guess... have the all black one now... OR i see these S&W 6906 trade in floating around... they look tempting too...money burnin a hole in my pocket for sure:shrug:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest carter

think i'll pass on the HK...thanks for the offer non the less... was really looking at the P226...that beavertail is just sexie... plus they have the exchange kits... another P238 in all stainless or 2 tone woud be a nice addition... and the 6906 is my 4006's little brother...my G19 is my daily carry so probley not going to venture off from that right now...only down side is i traded my 5906 for it like an idiot...glock's are nice though

I am looking at a few pistolas... Sig P226 with beavertail....or P229 without beavertail... not real sure what im going to do with it... shoot it of course...look at it... probley would not be a daily carry piece... i sold my RIA 45 compact which i shot once... just feeling i need to replace it with something along these lines... or could use another P238 i guess... have the all black one now... OR i see these S&W 6906 trade in floating around... they look tempting too...money burnin a hole in my pocket for sure:shrug:

I'm not the best at giving out advice but I love my Sig P226. I don't carry at all because I don't have my HCP yet so no input there but I do love shooting it (even though I'm a terrible shot right now) and you can't beat the caliber conversion kits. Mine doesn't have the beavertail though so no input there.

I'm actually going to order the 22LR and 9mm caliber kits. If you can order through sig's IOP, they actually have really good deals compared to normal prices on the kits (well anything above the 22 anyway...the 22 is cheaper from other stores). Unfortunately, ordering guns is a whole different ballgame. You've gotta take 4 hours and call every PSSC on their list to find out if they actually have the model number you want and if it's the 2010 or 2011 model (differences in price and the e2 grips on the newer ones) and then find out what they charge for shipping.

Edited by wcsc12
Guest carter

well i found the P226 E2 5" with beavertail for $475 shipped...that's 22lr though, then a conversion kit is like $300 and some change which is not a bad deal for basically 2 guns... i would probley replace the grips with the magwell ones like on the tacops, was also looking at the P220 SAO in 22lr for the same price and purchase the conversion kit later

well i found the P226 E2 5" with beavertail for $475 shipped...that's 22lr though, then a conversion kit is like $300 and some change which is not a bad deal for basically 2 guns... i would probley replace the grips with the magwell ones like on the tacops, was also looking at the P220 SAO in 22lr for the same price and purchase the conversion kit later

Wait huh?

Are you sure that barrel size is correct? According to Sig, the .22LR P226 barrels are 4.5" and if I'm not mistaken, that's with the threaded barrel (I don't see any other barrels listed for .22LR...they are all threaded). Do you know the exact model number you're getting? Is it the 226BR-22-BAS? That's a pretty decent price though if that's the price brand new. Hell, my price through Sig's IOP is $466 for one with the e2 grips and $406 without e2 grips. Which caliber were you wanting to shoot later on?

I've shot my friends P220 but his is the normal DA/SA trigger. I've shot his with the .45ACP and then with the .22LR rounds. It's a pretty good one as well. The only thing, at least that he asked me when I was wondering about the two, is whether or not I cared about using single stack magazines over double stack.

Edited by wcsc12
Guest carter

Sig Sauer P226 E2 22LR 5" 10RD BL AS BVRTL

thats straight from the web site... i actually found one for $450.73... yea i can get the homeland security discount one for $406 but its the regular one and out of stock...

Edited by carter
Sig Sauer P226 E2 22LR 5" 10RD BL AS BVRTL

thats straight from the web site... i actually found one for $450.73... yea i can get the homeland security discount one for $406 but its the regular one and out of stock...

P226 Classic 22 Beavertail

Hmmm...I dunno then...but still a good deal. What caliber were you planning on shooting later on?

Guest carter

hell if i know...either 9mm or 40... yea your link is pretty much it i guess...seems like NO one has a picture of the new one with E2 grips... every website i have been on even gunbroker...no pics

hell if i know...either 9mm or 40... yea your link is pretty much it i guess...seems like NO one has a picture of the new one with E2 grips... every website i have been on even gunbroker...no pics

hehe well if mine had the e2 grips, I'd upload it for you but mine is the 2010 model without the e2. However, if you can find a picture of the Elite Dark P226 Beavertail with e2 grips, they'll have the same frame.

But whichever one you plan on shooting later, unless there is a sale, it's cheaper to order them on your IOP for $280 with free shipping straight to your door.

Edit: nvm...I can't tell if that's the e2 grip or not

Edited by wcsc12

Actually, I just thought of it. Call up Sig Sauer and ask them for pictures. If I remember correctly, Mark Hanson in the IOP sales division says he has a P226 with e2 grips. I don't know if it's the beavertail or not but call him up and ask him for some pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

go for the p229r with beaver tail I jest bought one and it's awesome 40s&w with night sights in black shots like a dream first 300 rounds 1 1/2 in pattern at 25 yards and also bought the 22lr kit it also works great on it