1. 1. how do you carry ?

• locked cocked and ready to rock
    • full mag but not chambered

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer
You HAD to bring that up, didn't you? Another Memphis troublemaker... (Ok, Lakeland... Close enough.)

:popcorn::rofl:

well Memphis IS number one....for Crime, and Basketball....:eek::D:blush:

Guest someguy12341
#1 for crime? Try again. Last I checked we were near #5. With Nashville around #6 or #7.

Hey, don't burst our bubble! :popcorn: We've got to be #1 at something...

Guest TNDixieGirl

I went ahead and voted cocked and locked because it didn't have my option either, but that one came closest to how I carry.

I needed the option that said "full mag and one chambered".

I prefer guns with a consistent trigger, shot-to-shot... Safety or not doesn't really matter, as long as I have sufficient practice with it. I've carried a few DA/SA pistols, and they were very useable (again, with proper practice). But, regardless, I've always had a round chambered and the gun in the static condition which it was designed to be carried in.

How many people who carry a pistol with a safety, practice sweeping off the safety while aquiring the target, at the range? How many people who carry a DA/SA pistol practice with the heavier initial pull, by decocking the gun before firing a string?

Guest atomemphis
I prefer guns with a consistent trigger, shot-to-shot... Safety or not doesn't really matter, as long as I have sufficient practice with it. I've carried a few DA/SA pistols, and they were very useable (again, with proper practice). But, regardless, I've always had a round chambered and the gun in the static condition which it was designed to be carried in.

How many people who carry a pistol with a safety, practice sweeping off the safety while aquiring the target, at the range? How many people who carry a DA/SA pistol practice with the heavier initial pull, by decocking the gun before firing a string?

I actually do both. With my Ruger, just for the practice of it being closest to reality, I make sure my first shot is always double action, especially when practicing drawing - double taps.

With a 1911, I switch it to safe and practice drawing and switching it off all the time. The position of it makes it natural for me with my thumb. I think for people with different hand sizes, this could be very problematic though.

Guest atomemphis
ahh...ok, well, I guess if we had to lose a title, that would be a good one to lose...LOL..

I went off this http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/sep/27/memphis-leads-us-in-violent-crime/

I know it was older, but I hadnt heard that it changed...

I don't believe anything the commercial appeal prints. That paper is as bad as the Nashville Tennessean when it comes to "making news" so that there is news to print.

Guest someguy12341
I do. Decocked is normal situation for the USP, but if I anticipate possible trouble, I reach down and cock it.

+1. When practicing, I make sure that at least 2 shots per mag are done from DA. There have been times when I've gone ahead and cocked the gun 'just in case', but 1) most of the times it's decocked, and 2) I figure it's good practice to run it both ways enough to be comfortable.