Kahr CM9 - Range Report

D3vo

No buzz words like "Fit and Finish". Just the facts.

Today I took the CM9 to Stones River with only one goal. Put 200 rounds FMJ down range and break the pistol in. Using one six round magazine I put 150 rounds down range in an hour and fifteen minutes. Let me tell you the slide was hot to the touch. To be honest I probably should have given the CM9 a rest, but I wanted this pistol ready for carry come Sunday.

I've heard people talk about a good trigger, but never understood what makes a good trigger until today. It was very smooth as if it was gliding.

I must report one failure to feed at approximately round 180 loading the second round of a fresh magazine. Honestly after you have loaded 170+ rounds I could have just gotten careless and didn’t seat the round properly. I honestly don’t know.

I cleared the jam and finished the 200 FMJ without issue.

I also ran a box of 9mm Winchester PDX1 +P without issue.

Never shot a PM9 so I can’t make the comparison. I can only say that I like this gun.

That’s my experience. No BS to make it sounds better than it really is.

2011-04-05_17-40-03_751.jpg

Edited by D3vo
Pic of CM9 added to post.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your review. My CW9, AKA the American Made improvement of an Austrian idea, has really grown on me. It's been to cold when I've shot this winter, looking forward to warm weather magazine loading. I see a CM9 in my crystal ball;) keep up the torture test.

Thanks for the report. I believe the Kahr single stack is the gun that Glock should have built.

There is a solid market for this size single stack pistol. I can't imagine why Glock hasn't pulled a Ruger and manufactured one.

I must report one failure to feed at approximately round 180 loading the second round of a fresh magazine. Honestly after you have loaded 170+ rounds I could have just gotten careless and didn’t seat the round properly. I honestly don’t know....

The only jams I've ever had with PM9 occurred with jacking the first round on new mag. From slide stop, too.

It's a well-known issue that carrying a spare mag loosely in pocket or whatever, the top round eases forward and becomes no longer upward pointing. The top round, or even several rounds, can actually pop out of the mag in pocket too.

At any rate, yeah just as you postulate, I've attributed these rare occurrences to my not having pressed that top round into correct position.

- OS