Quick range report on new Sig 220 and SP2022

MikePapa1

A week ago I bought a new, almost, Sig 220 to replace the one sold to SteelHarp's son. I got it from a guy on Gunbroker and it was advertised as having 40 rounds through it. When I got it I was very happy with it as it looked brand new. I took it to the Gallatin Gun club for my favorite trial, the steel plates. I normally shoot a 226 so it took me a couple of magazines to get used to the additional recoil of the white box 230 grain FMJ but after that I was able to shoot it every bit as well as I do the 226. It's trigger isn't as smooth as SteelHarp's but it was factory and very good nonetheless. Overall, I can tell this 220 shoots far better than I can. It's definitely a keeper.

I also took my brand new, as in bought today from G&L in H'ville, Sig Pro SP2022 in 9mm. I'm a big DA/SA fan and so I really like the classic Sigs for that reason. I ran about 200 rounds of 115 grain white box to see how it functioned. I'm not particularly a plastic pistol fan, but I have no qualms about heartily recommending the 2022 to anyone. It functioned flawlessly directly out of the box, I mean that quite literally. It was as accurate as both the 226 and the 220. It took out the steel plates just like it's name, Sig Pro. For the price, $464 including tax and instant check, if your interested in a brand new Sig in the classic DA/SA configuration at a very affordable price, this is the gun for you. I don't this it will ever replace the 220 for EDC, its relatively lightweight make it an excellent choice for carry.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on a windfall of great Sigs MP1 !

226 is still my all time favorite, but the 2022 rivals it in every way but price IMHO. Trigger may even be better.

220 falls right in step with both of them. Enjoy!

Guest motonut

Damn you! I thought I had gotten over the 2022 itch (I already have a 229 Equinox).

Congrats!

Edited by motonut
correction
A week ago I bought a new, almost, Sig 220 to replace the one sold to SteelHarp's son. I got it from a guy on Gunbroker and it was advertised as having 40 rounds through it. When I got it I was very happy with it as it looked brand new. I took it to the Gallatin Gun club for my favorite trial, the steel plates. I normally shoot a 226 so it took me a couple of magazines to get used to the additional recoil of the white box 230 grain FMJ but after that I was able to shoot it every bit as well as I do the 226. It's trigger isn't as smooth as SteelHarp's but it was factory and very good nonetheless. Overall, I can tell this 220 shoots far better than I can. It's definitely a keeper.

I also took my brand new, as in bought today from G&L in H'ville, Sig Pro SP2022 in 9mm. I'm a big DA/SA fan and so I really like the classic Sigs for that reason. I ran about 200 rounds of 115 grain white box to see how it functioned. I'm not particularly a plastic pistol fan, but I have no qualms about heartily recommending the 2022 to anyone. It functioned flawlessly directly out of the box, I mean that quite literally. It was as accurate as both the 226 and the 220. It took out the steel plates just like it's name, Sig Pro. For the price, $464 including tax and instant check, if your interested in a brand new Sig in the classic DA/SA configuration at a very affordable price, this is the gun for you. I don't this it will ever replace the 220 for EDC, its relatively lightweight make it an excellent choice for carry.

Nice review :D I wish I could have caught you earlier though (well you would have had to wait a few days though). Jetguns has the Sig Pro SP 2022 9mm for $371 with free shipping. Granted after FFL fee ($30 for me including background check), it's $401 and you have to wait a few days to get it.

Sig 2022 9MM CS 10 XGRP -- for Sale at JetGuns $371.00

However, I love reading about people and their sigs :D I bought a Sig P226 with the help of the people on here and love it. I do have one question though about your 220. Is it the one that comes stock with the e2 grips? I'm asking because I'm wondering if it's worth $100 to get them installed. I bought a 2010 Sig P226 with Sig Nightsights over the 2011 with the e2 grip kit. The one thing that has always stood out in the reviews is the SRT and I'm wondering if it helps.

Also, does your 2022 conceal pretty well? Where do you wear your holster? I figured that one day when I can actually use it, I'd get my permit and choose between my 226 or get the 2022 since it's more of a compact.

Edited by wcsc12
Guest eyescream
Also, does your 2022 conceal pretty well? Where do you wear your holster? I figured that one day when I can actually use it, I'd get my permit and choose between my 226 or get the 2022 since it's more of a compact.

I feel like it conceals just fine. It's my main carry gun now, actually, with an OWB holster.

I feel like it conceals just fine. It's my main carry gun now, actually, with an OWB holster.

I want to, again one day when I actually do get the HCP, carry around my back area. It's just more convenient for my movements.

Guest mrkirker

Had one of the early 220's (actually my first 'new' purchase), and really enjoyed it. It was a wonderful 'first semi' - easy to disassemble, clean and maintain. It made those nice big holes in the targets, too!

I have 4 220's all da/sa my newest a dark elite has the srt and its really awesome for rapid fire it also has the hogue aluminum grips which are amazing. between the srt and e2 I would go srt as I like the standard grip frame...I like the srt so well I might send off the p245 I edc to get it installed.

I had not actually worn mine yet as I didn't have a holster. Frankly, I was having trouble finding one that fit the 2022 and was reasonably priced as I don't think it will replace my 220 as EDC but I don't like having a pistol but no holster. I looked around the net and saw somewhere that the 2022 fit in a XD Cross Breed Supertuck. Luckily, I just happened to have an XD, thanks to Bronker here, and I had purchased a Supertuck for it from D&T Arms when they were having a sale. I tried it out and, yes, it fits perfectly. I will try it out as a carry gun for a few days and tell you what I think.