Super 10/22 works! - Finally

Super1022a04082011.jpg

Eureka, it is alive! My long standing project to get this 10/22 to work reliably has finally come to fruition. Today I lined up 17 different 10/22 mags and ran thru them all without a FTF or FTE. I can die a happy man now.

Again:

1. Scope: Muller APV 4.5-14x40 AO

2. Scope Base: Tactical Solutions 15MOA

3. Stock Boyds Blaster

4. Barrel: Rimfire Technologies Quantum "M" barrel threaded

5. V-Block: Rimfire Technologies

6. Magazine Release: Tactical Solutions.

7. Trigger is 2lbs 10oz using a combination of parts, stoning and springs. I can go lighter but not safely with my finger reconstruction issues.

8. Recoil: Spring is stock, rod and handle is Rimfire Technologies

9. Poly bolt buffer installed.

10. Extractor: Rimfire Technologies.

11. Bolt is "stock" Ruger.

12. Receiver is stock Ruger, what series- I have no clue, but it works.

Total weight as pictured without magazine is 6lb 12oz

Now the real fun comes in doing some bedding and getting this thing really dialed in.

Edited by graycrait
change
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Broomhead

So...The sky in your world is purple? Couldn't help it.

Awesome work, though. I usually get 1-2 FTEs in 100-200rds using 2 factory mags, two 10rd Eagle mags (that you gave me), and an Eagle 30rd mag. That for either 10/22, the Archangel or the LTR.

Great lookin' rifle! I'm actually in the process of doing similar mods to mine as well. Out of curiosity, do you know if those are low or medium scope rings you used? Just wondering if I can squeeze a 40mm objective on top while using low rings. Thanks!

piper266,

I wish I could answer your question accurately but I have so many parts in boxes around here I just mix and match stuff until it works. On a gun this light, but as nicely balanced, I think I could have easily gone to a larger diameter bell with higher rings or a higher Weigand base and still have a nicely balanced relatively light 10/22. If you have a nice comb I think some combination of these will get you to the point that spending more is irrelevant.

Ruger 10/22 scope mount weaver

http://www.tacticalsol.com/products/22-lr-conversions?page=shop.browse&category_id=18

For your money I really don't think you can beat these options, and I have tried everything from Leupold to China cheap: http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/rimfire-scopes

Broomhead, I hope the things you and have shared are working for you.

Whatever though: if I had never spent a dime previously on a 10/22 and wanted to make a nice shooter that I could kill squirrels and have fun smokin' my buddies on the .22 range here is what I would do:

1. Stock barrel: Connecticut Precision Chambering: Connecticut Precision Chambering Send in your barrel

2. Volquartsen hammer, spring and bushings: Volquartsen Target Hammer with Bushings Ruger 10/22 - MidwayUSA

3. Custom barrel: 10/22 Running Boar Target Barrel Blue Long Rifle

4. Mueller rimfire scopes and optics: http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/rimfire-scopes

5. Scope base: http://www.tacticalsol.com/products/22-lr-conversions?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=46&category_id=18

6. Scope mounts and bases: Ruger 10/22 scope mount weaver

7. Bolt buffers an other cool stuff: 10/22 Accessories

8. Auto bolt release ( a must have): 10/22 Accessories

9. Boyd's Blaster Stock: Replacement Stocks for the Blaster Ruger 10/22

Craig