need info on winchester model 12 12 ga. pump

tsmith

i have an old Winchester model 12 pump shotgun in 12 ga. im looking on info on it and maybe worth??? it was my grandfathers and stays in my safe, i dont plan on shooting it. but if it is worth anything i need to insure it as with the rest of my guns,can you help me with any info? thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the model 12 that belonged to my dad. The sn places it at 1922 vintage and it has the nickel steel barrel. It was his gun of choice for bird hunting and turkey shoots, a hard shooting gun and it had been shot a lot. I investigated the value before I decided to "improve" the looks of it several years back. The gun did not seem to have any significant monetary value, just a lot of sentimental value to me. I still shoot it occasionally. I keep it loaded with buckshot for any special occasion that may arise :rolleyes:.

Enjoy your granddad's gun.

oldogy

Guest GunTroll

I have a old grandpa's model 12 as well. Worth millions to me as for as I'm concerned. Mine has the ordinance stamp on the right side of the receiver. Super smooth action. They are worth more now than they have ever been. Great firearm!

While I was disassembling for a deep clean I found an old SC hunting license in the butt stock from the early 50's. Not my grandpa's but it looks to be a teenage female un-related to me. I finished my cleaning and put the license in a plastic baggy and put it back in the butt stock. Its part of the gun to me.