Feedback Please

Guest Bruce

I just got a sw9ve and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet and would like to know about what the sigma onwers or shooters got to say about the 9ve and also my background check came out aokay and was wondering if i'd have any problem in getting my HCP?

Thanks, Bruce

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TargetShooter84

If you passed your background, I dont think youll have problems getting a HCP unless you have misdemeanors that could prevent you from getting HCP....look back in threads under "Concealed Carry and Self Defense." you'll find alot of information regarding to HCP there.

Edited by TargetShooter84

If you can pass the TBI check, you ought to be able to pass the background check for the HCP... unless you have some out of state issues which only the FBI check would find.

I've fired a couple of Sigmas... they seem to be nice pistols which have been handicapped with a poor trigger. I think that is the only reason they aren't more popular.

Guest TN.Frank

The main problem with the Sigma is the resale price. I put over $325 each into a couple of em' and when I wanted something else and went to sell em' I had to beg to get $150 out of em'. That over a 50% loss in value. From what I've understood the Sigma was a "give away gun" that dealers would get from S&W when they'd buy 5 regular S&W's. Kind of a "buy 5 of our normal guns and we'll throw in a Sigma for free" kind of deal. Because of that most dealers don't value them very highly so you'll not get much back out of it when you go to sell it.

I only lost $70 when I sold my SW40VE (which I regret, but I'm not gunna cry about it) and I overpaid for mine. Of course, that doesn't mean anything, I just found someone with money in their pocket who wanted what I had at that moment. It was a good gun, and it was very accurate for me. I had someone perform a trigger job which brought the pull to 7lbs and smoothed it up a good bit. If it weren't for the fact that I wanted an M&P 40c so bad, I would probably purchase another SW40VE in the future. I know the Sigma is very plain looking, but for some reason I really liked the lines of mine a LOT!

DSC02570.jpg

And there it is... my first handgun, and also the first handgun I ever shot. I never really poo-poo'd the trigger until after I shot some other guns, since I didn't know to expect any better.

Guest darkstar

I bought the 9mm version as I wanted a fairly inexpensive range gun and truth be told I actually like the damn thing. OK it doesn't have the nicest trigger but for me it's just fine. I'm not shooting competitively with it so I don't need a match grade trigger. I typically shoot at 7-15 yards (sometimes 25) and that gun puts everything pretty much where I aim it.

It's not the prettiest gun in the world, everyone has an opinion about the trigger, and some of the gun snobs will scoff and mock it but it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Mine eats anything I feed it as well. Winchester White Box, UMC, Magtech, the various re-manufactured stuff you find in some ranges, you name it. I have had several fail to fires (using the UMC) but never have had a jam or stovepipe or any other problem of any kind.

In my opinion it's a good, decent no frills pistol. Easy on the wallet, functions well, etc. Think of all the $$$$ you will save (to spend on ammo) with one of these

Guest canynracer

I have a Sigma9VE.....I LOVE it!!! I have massive amounts (Over 2000) of rounds through it....no problems...I did try steel cased ammo, it did not like that at all...but back to copper, all good!!!

Enjoy it, it is a great gun especially for the money.

great gun for the money. i had one for my first handgun too. nice but i knew from shooting other handguns that the trigger was horrible, very long. i sold it for what i paid for it used. and it NEVER jammed on me, id get one if they made it in .45 and someone made some accessories for them

Guest TNDixieGirl

I have one too. I had no other triggers to compare it to, so it's never been an issue with me. In fact, I didn't even realize how hard it really is until my mother-in-law tried to fire it and absolutely couldn't because the trigger was too hard for her.

On the other hand, I improve more with it every time I go to the range (and with the suggestions I received in my shot placement thread, hope to improve this weekend too). Probably have 1,000 rounds through it so far.

It's a good, reliable, affordable gun. Enjoy it!