Guest Hornet Handler

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The battle of Thermopylae is one of the most AWESOME stories of all time, especially as relates to resisting subjugation in the face of insurmountable odds (obviously I very much identify with the principles involved i.e. Μολὼν λαβέ , hence my screen-name )

http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm

I intend to see it several times in theatres, and own the DVD. I am hoping that the Montana Drive-In will open this film on the 9th... if not, I will be Fandango'ing tickets ASAP.

King Leonidas can watch my back any-day. (yes, I realize that would be physically impossible... you know what I mean.)

• Administrator
The battle of Thermopylae is one of the most AWESOME stories of all time, especially as relates to resisting subjugation in the face of insurmountable odds (obviously I very much identify with the principles involved i.e. Μολὼν λαβέ , hence my screen-name )

http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm

I intend to see it several times in theatres, and own the DVD. I am hoping that the Montana Drive-In will open this film on the 9th... if not, I will be Fandango'ing tickets ASAP.

King Leonidas can watch my back any-day. (yes, I realize that would be physically impossible... you know what I mean.)

Couldn't have said it better.

Guest Hornet Handler

I think there are a few poeple on here that should watch this movie and learn the story so they know what honor, courge and Esprit de corps really are.

Achilles was a vain glory-hog who was in it for himself (Mercenary/Contractor for the Trojans). Whereas, King Leonidas truly personifies valor and bravery, to this very day (perhaps even more-so, in this day-and-age).

Troy dissapointed me. Reasons being, I believe it is disgusting to glorify the pompous arrogance displayed by Achilles, and on top of that, I think Orlando Bloom is the personification of lameness. If Frank Miller and Zack Snyder keep with the true nature of the great story of Thermopylae, 300 will be the most powerful movie produced in the last 5-10 years.

you can see the trailers for the movie at :

http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/

It looks hollywood...I mean..the persians didn't have war elephants..that was hannibal the thracian...

BUT!!! It looks REALLY entertaining and hey, I know there's a bunch of us here who would have loved to have said a great one liner when they were in combat, instead of going..."over there!! get em!!!" and pissing a magizine at the bad guy....:D

I watched a special on the History Channel (I think that was it) regarding this movie a few nights ago. Not exactly historically accurate, but looks like it will be an awesome flick!

I've got to get all dressed up and go to a formal banquet in Nashville tonight for Century 21. Looks like I'll be getting the suit out of the closet and miss the opening night of this movie. Maybe I'll get to see it next weekend when the wife comes back in town after she gets back from her business trip next week.

Just saw the late show in Tullahoma... I won't ruin it for anybody, but...

EXCELLENT!!! Even better than I had anticipated... It stayed very true to the spirit of the story, while providing some very entertaining embellishment. Defenitely a MUST SEE! I'll withhold my criticisms until I've seen it a few more times...

Guest jackdog

Anyone catch the news today that the iranian government is upset about the 300. They claim it is US propaganda. I think it's funny as all h**l

Jackdog