Gun Test on Ruger LC9

Guest Big-A

Guest Big-A

Gun test gave Ruger LC9 a C and Kel tec PF9 A. They gave ruger a C because it weighs 2.5 ozs more, thicker,harder to shoot well and cost 110 more. Also wrote ruger should put tallents toward a new design instead of copying others.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

new design instead of copying others.

Wha!? Do they realize that everything ruger has ever produced was basically an engineering refinement of others products. The entire firearm industry is based upon copying and recycling designs of others....couple of pioneers standing on the shoulders of giants.

That review lost any credibility saying something like that

They gave ruger a C because it weighs 2.5 ozs more

Personally, I can't tell the difference in 2.5 ounces.

thicker

Again, by such a miniscule amount that its hardly noticeable.

harder to shoot well

This is completely subjective. Some people will find the Ruger easier to shoot. This part really makes no sense to me.

cost 110 more

Small price to pay for customer service and an expected life of MORE than 5000 rounds.

Also wrote ruger should put tallents toward a new design instead of copying others.

Yeah so I can only think of one Ruger that wasn't inspired by some other firearm.

The Ruger site confirms the LC9 weight as 17.1 ounces. There is a difference in the PF9's weight stated in the article vs. the KelTec website.

The KelTec site states the PF9 is 12.7 ounces unloaded. I have to assume the magazine is inserted, but I can't confirm because I dont own either of these guns.

If 17.1 and 12.7 is an apples to apples comparision the LC9 weighs about 25% more. As a percentage that is significant.

Guest Big-A

After owning both a 345 and a mark 3 22/45. Ive never been a big fan of rugers since. Owned a mark 2 and a p85 that was both great shooters. Sent the 345 back 3 times and traded it off . The mark 3 wouldnt even cycle cci mini mags reliable. Called em up and they ask if i checked the mags i laughed and ask em did you? Its brand new .I took it back to the shop and he gave me my money back since we had sent the 345 back 3 times. He appoligized . I told him no sweat since the old man has died Ruger just ant the same