We are trying over here in North Cacalaci.

We have several bills before the senate to 1) Allow concealed carry permit holders to carry in state parks and state lands 2) Allow CCP holders to carry in bars, as long as they don't drink and 3) A bill that allows CCP holders to keep a handgun at work, locked in thier cars and trucks.

I personally would like it to be legal for me to carry on some of the rivers I fish on. There are people who bank fish that I don't feel safe being around. The ones who are leaving piles of trash and beer cans all over the place.

This is a report from an anti-self protection news group. WRAL in Raleigh. The article is missleading in the first few paragraphs and only clarifies it later in the article. It says the law will allow people to carry concealed firearms in parks, when it should have said Concealed Carry permit holders instead of "people", which seems to imply that anyone could go packing heat into a park.

And it's not really a second ammendment issue. It's everyones right to be able to protect themselves and thier families. Parks have very little in the way of LEOs and the park rangers are over worked as it is. WRAL would have you think that becuase it has a sign on it saying "PARK" that it must be a crime free zone, yet WRAL has been reporting on crimes in parks for decades. Murders, prostitution, drug deals, child molesters, gangs, the list goes on.

Bill allowing concealed guns in parks, restaurants sparks debate :: WRAL.com

Edited by Will Carry
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want TN to get something like

A bill that allows CCP holders to keep a handgun at work, locked in thier cars and trucks.

KY has a good venison of it. Honestly I would have preferred we went for it before the restaurant carry myself. Normally when I go in a bar, I drink so I leave my gun at home. I have only carried in a bar a couple time when it was my wifes night to drink. I admin, it was different to be armed in a bar. Only been armed in 2 pubs, and 4 liquor stores.

That being said, I have reduced my drinking by probably 3/4 since I got my permit.

Good luck Will Carry. I sure hope NC improves their carry laws. Living not far from the NC line, I find myself in your state often and love visiting the western mountains.

Reading the link you provided and some of the comments about the issue its like reading our own papers for the last two or three years when the parks and bar bills were being debated. Same old tired opposition and lame wild west comparisons we heard over and over. Hang in there and never quit fighting.