The Ruger MK III...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note for those of you getting the Volquartsen accurizing kit, the pretravel screw can come out when you fire a couple of hundred rounds through the gun. I used a small amount of Loctite on the screw and it works perfectly.

I must be a lucky man because my Mark II Target needs no modifications. Bought it in '92 or so and all I've done is put some fancy thumbrest grips on it. The trigger is light as a feather and the accuracy is ridiculous.

Edited by Garufa

East Tn Patriot,

I have found that when my wife is not home and the dog is in the backyard that my most frustrating gun work gets done - with heaping piles of cussing. I have actually experienced it. I've cussed a gun like a dog and have an offending part just snap home on more than one occasion with good sized helping of profanity. Then I say to myself hmmm...... for quite a few reasons....

East Tn Patriot,

I have found that when my wife is not home and the dog is in the backyard that my most frustrating gun work gets done - with heaping piles of cussing. I have actually experienced it. I've cussed a gun like a dog and have an offending part just snap home on more than one occasion with good sized helping of profanity. Then I say to myself hmmm...... for quite a few reasons....

The mythbusters proved that cussin can help you deal with pain.

I believe that the same is true with stressful situations. Cussin is HEALTHY! and gets things done.

Well, there has been cussing going on this evening and there will likely be more tomorrow. I got the accurizing kit and now I can't get the &^%^#$&* thing back together. When I get the mainspring housing back into the gun, the bolt won't travel to the rear. When I get the bolt to move to the rear, I can't get the $**)%*(*%& housing back into the grip. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

WAIT!!! I GOT IT!!! Wow... this kit makes all the difference! Crisp trigger, plenty of adjustment for pre-travel and over-travel, no mag disconnect, and now the mags pop out of the gun when I hit the mag release. Can't wait to take this one to the range and give it a go!

Make sure the upper is firmly and completely seated on the frame. I tap mine with a lead lined leather mallet. Ensure the bolt is fully seated. with the mainspring housing still out tip the muzzle down and pull the trigger, ensuring that the hammer is fully forward even if you have to push it. Then hold the pistol with barrel horizontal insert the mainspring pin completely through the bolt, now tip the gun sideways with the muzzle point 45 degrees skyward, making sure the hammer strut falls into the mainspring groove, now close the mainspring housing latch. Pull bolt back, release and dry fire.