Any recommendations on a Ruger 10/22 stock?

I have a Ruger 10/22 I got from a buddy a while back and I'm looking for an aftermarket stock since the factory stock is just too short to suit me. The rifle has a Butler Creek lightweight bull barrel installed. Anyone have suggestions for a good stock that won't cost as much as a new 10/22 rifle? It's for plinking primarily, so I don't want to invest a fortune into it. I'm eyeballing the Archangel Deluxe Target Stock, but I'm not totally sold on it.

Or, if anyone has any ideas on how I could modify the one I have would be helpful as well.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried a few stocks and there doesn't seem to be a good inexpensive alternative to the Ruger birch stock. I have have both a Hogue overmolded rubber stock and a Hogue hard sided stock and while adequate they ain't great. I've tried a couple of tacticool stocks and while effetive especially for red dot or Halo sight close in shooting folding foregrips and pistol grips seem to get in the way more than they help when your main game is charcoal briquets, clay pigeons, styrofoam cups and paper. Here are some decent and dumb ideas I have tried out.

SS1022wWilliamsMeritAdjIrisFireSightFront.jpg

RT1022finished.jpg

41022s.jpg

100_0759.jpg

ATI1022AimpointRT.jpg

Hogue is nice, not too expensive. I have one on mine but mine is heavier than most, with a bull barrel. If you have a light wieght bbl (like carbon fiber) then you might want to consider bell and carlson stocks, they have some really nice light stocks. One of these days i am gonna make mine super light :D