Black Panthers in the smokey mountains????

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rebeldrummer
I thought they were mainly in urban areas…

ha ha ha ... I think that was supposed to be laughed at right?? if not, im a shallow person and please forgive me.

but. since Im here. Black Panthers must be the equal to the White Cougar!!! ha ha...

Guest rebeldrummer

back to subject though, I was building a porch for a guy about 9 years ago and when we rolled up one morning her was standing at his door with his rifle starring into the distance with a weird look on his face. He would not answer us when asked what he was doing, just kept hushing us? later he said he saw one about 100 yrds out on a ridge, behind his dog pen. He also said that he had lost 2 dogs over that last year. One was found torn to shreds and one was never found????? this is the only knowledge that I have on them...other than the rumors heard on forums and in the hunting circle

Guest nicemac
ha ha ha ... I think that was supposed to be laughed at right?? if not, im a shallow person and please forgive me.

but. since Im here. Black Panthers must be the equal to the White Cougar!!! ha ha...

Yes, this was a funny. I must be shallow as well.

Black Panthers in the smokey mountains????

I have heard that some Sevier County natives can't spell "Smoky Mountains", but didn't believe it till I saw it with my own eyes. ;)

Are you sure those guys weren't just tourists from up north or did they alll have the official berets on?

Black-Panthers.jpg

- OS

They are in middle tn as well. I am not sure that I have seen one, but I know four credible sources who have positively seen them. I have seen evidence of them, and early one morning hunting, I very well could have seen one. It was before light when everything looks black regardless of the color, and it was for sure a cat. If it were not a panther, it was the biggest bobcat I have seen by at least a foot of body length.

They are in middle tn as well. I am not sure that I have seen one, but I know four credible sources who have positively seen them...

Wow, couldn't be just a normal extinct Eastern Cougar, but has to be a black one, that never existed here to begin with.

That's sort of like claiming to have seen an albino BigFoot instead of just a normal BigFoot. ;)

- OS

Funny that this was posted. My sister came out for work and dropped off a book about my relatives. "Nathan Sparks and Jane Potter Sparks of Cades Cove and Their Descendants", I was reading through it and it had a story my Great Grandmothers Grandfather had about being attacked by one while walking to Spence Cabin in the Cove one night.

Edited by Daniel
this thread is useless without the story behind it ...

what time of day? where in the smokies? why did you go out back ... got an out house back there? give us some deets!

it was early in the morning i saw it run across my back yard

Wow, couldn't be just a normal extinct Eastern Cougar, but has to be a black one, that never existed here to begin with.

That's sort of like claiming to have seen an albino BigFoot instead of just a normal BigFoot. ;)

- OS

this thread is useless without the story behind it ...

what time of day? where in the smokies? why did you go out back ... got an out house back there? give us some deets!

More importantly...Were you under the influence of alcohol or drugs, sleep deprived, dehydrated. :)

Seriously, could it have been a dog or something else?

- OS

Clip/magazine : cougar/panther

My taxonomy might have been a little off, but considering probably even less people know the difference between a cougar and panther than between a clip or magazine, I don't think I was misunderstood.

Either way, you are correct; the idea that non-native or suspected extinct species could emerge in a region is completely ludicrous. No such thing has ever happened.