Days worth of permit apps shredded

Guest Drewglynn

Guest Drewglynn

Had a friend of mine that's been waiting on his permit about 30 days call to check the status.. As she was telling him they have 90 days, She was also pulling his info up and she said, well I'm glad u called... We had a new person shred a days worth of permit apps and yours was one of them... She told him she could get all of it except the paper saying he had passed a permit class, Said he needed to fax that to them and she'd get it done... Thought I'd give a heads up to anyone that's been waiting.. She said everyone else affected will receive a letter within 30 days then the wait will be on again once they fax their stuff in...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

And they wonder why people call to check their status well before the deadline arrives.

This makes it sound like they're at least pretty diligent about shredding (processed) apps, though. That's a good thing. Don't want your confidential info just sitting around in file cabinets for too long.

I really hope you are pulling our legs and you just jumped the gun 2 days early.

You know how many calls a post like this is going to generate to Nashville?

The second scary part is, that they might be up to 30 days notifying some people. Which if true will cause much longer delays.

Guest 1010011010
The second scary part is, that they might be up to 30 days notifying some people. Which if true will cause much longer delays.
It's already been 30 days. They take 30 days to notify people. They then have 30 days left to conduct their checks before the permit is approved by default.

Otherwise they could just "Oops!" every 90 days and say they had to start over.

everyone makes mistakes. This is a tough one. I mailed my renewal two weeks ago. Hope mine did not get shredded. At least I have the letter saying my permit is good until they determine it is not or a new one shows up.

Guest motenn

Wonder if that's for new permits? I sent off for my renewal early feb an now it's the end of march an haven't heard anything. They cashed the check quick, but no sign of my permit. Bout out of time, my permit expired on dec 12th...

Guest motenn
nothing like waiting too long motenn. Does not sound good for you.

I'm starting to think that...had court 2 weeks after I sent it off an the DA asked me if I had been arrested. The date of a letter and my court date were different an I missed court. Found out I had a bench warrant for my arrest. The matter is resolved now, but don't know if that may be the hold up being that around that time my record was prolly being ran. Guess Ill can an check the status also...

Guest drv2fst

It looks like it happened to me. They approved my renewal on 2/14. My check for the renewal cleared on 1/19. But still no renewal. When I called they said they could see in the system that I was approved for renewal but they did not have a copy of the application on file. I have to send in a new application to get a permit renewed that has already been approved.

everyone makes mistakes. This is a tough one. I mailed my renewal two weeks ago. Hope mine did not get shredded. At least I have the letter saying my permit is good until they determine it is not or a new one shows up.

Think you can use that for the next 4 years?