pocket gun

Guest biglefty20

Guest biglefty20

future father in law picked up a new gun this weekend..he got a little pocket .22... i believe it is made by north american arms..not sure... but it folds up like a pocket knife..

It is a sweet little gun...it came with a magnum wheel also...we shot magnums out of it and for as little as it is you can wear out a target with it... it is very accurate IMO espically how little it is.....i would reccommend it if you are looking for something very small and concealable

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest biglefty20

i would have never guessed i would want a .22 to carry but after shooting that it makes you wonder...steelharp he had it on sunday and dont think he has been to franklin...you find one??

talk about cheap to shoot..like cheez said practice with the cheap 22lr and then switch the wheel to carry

I am going to disagree here. The idea of practice with weak ammo and carry hot ammo is bunk, IMHO. If you carry a lightweight 357 and practice with weak, cheap target 38s, that recoil is going to suprise you when it comes down to defending your life, and thats a bad time to discover just how brutal a HOT 357 is in a light pistol. Same for these little guys, they are difficult to aim (small grip, short sight radius, etc) as it is, and if you swap to a HOT magnum load, even a .22, in those little guns it will not shoot the way you are used to. Some practice with cheap ammo is required unless you are rich, to be sure, but I strongly advise practice with the actual ammo that will be carried as well, to avoid finding out at a really bad time that the gun jumps out of your grip or that you cannot double tap because the muzzle is pointed at the moon after the first shot, or whatever.

Guest Broomhead

I have one that I picked up from Johnnychimpo on here. It's my deep, deep, deep concealment gun. Shoots great, took a little bit to get used to shooting and holding it. IMHO, it's a good "Get the hell away from me" gun. Better than not carrying anything.

I've thought about getting one myself. Folks who have them seem to like them, which I suspect is why you don't see used ones for sale all that often (at least in my experience). For those who doubt the lethality of them, when I was in the police academy they showed a film where a police officer was shot and killed by a single shot from a NAA in .22LR. The shooter survived 5 hits from the officer's .357 mag revolver. One-in-a-million shot for sure, but the bullet missed the body armor and ended up severing the aorta. Never doubt the potential of a little pocket gun like the NAA.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

I really like mine. It is a 1 5/8 inch barreled .22WMR that I picked up used for $160 + tax and TICS. It didn't come with the LR cylinder and I haven't bothered getting one. Partly, I haven't because of the reasons Jonnin discussed - with that little fellah, I want to practice ammo that is the same as or at least similar to the ammo I will carry. Also, it isn't like I'm going to put a hundred thousand rounds downrange through it and WMR ammo isn't really all that expensive (when compared to pretty much anything other than bulk pack .22LR.) Just for playing around, I have found that Winchester Dynapoints work well out of mine (and cost less than 8 bucks a box of 50 at Walmart.) In fact, the Dynapoints have been the most accurate ammo I have tested from it so far. I don't carry them, though, because they are lower velocity than most WMR rounds (apparently, they are intended to mimic the old WRF rounds) and they have washed lead bullets instead of true jacketed bullets like most WMR loads.

Speer (Gold Dot) and Hornady (Critical Defense) both recently announced the addition of WMR ammo that is 'optimized' for short, handgun barrels to their respective lineups. These are being marketed as 'defense' worthy rounds but we'll see if they really work any better than the stuff that is already on the market.

I carry mine as a weak-side BUG/get off me gun pretty often. I ended up putting the oversized rubber grips (like the ones that come on the Mini Master) on mine. I hesitated to do so because I feared the bigger grips would negatively impact concealment. For the methods of carry I use for it, the bigger grips don't make much difference to concealment but they do increase my ability to shoot it decently, at the ranges I would likely use it, one-handed with my weak hand .