wait time over 14 days once issued Hcp?

Hey all, wanted to ask a question for my cousin as I don't know the legalities and actual times for Hcp wait as mine took 3 weeks from the day I was finger printed to arrive. He applied for his permit And was printed on February 23rd and called just a couple days ago to further along the process, they told him he had been issued on the 10th of march and he should receive in 7-14 days, it is now the 26th and he is throwing a fit about it not being here, should he call come Monday or wait a few more days? I told him that mail times have nothing to do with them once it has left their hands and he should probably wait a few days, however this made me wonder since my father and sister also are going out for their hcp's very soon. Thanks ahead!

Edited by Supranforever
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally might wait another day or two. As you said, if it has been mailed not much they can do to speed up the mail. I assume he is still at the same address that was on his application.

Also 3 days from fingerprinting to HCP in hand has to be some kind of record!!!

Noone else has had this happen to them? He is insisting on calling come Monday afternoon if he does not receive his permit, which will have been 15 business days. I still tell him to wait till Thursday or Friday. Any information is appreciated, and may ease his mind. Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.