Got Vepr 308?Good News!

Guest ROCK

There is now 20rd mags made by a small buisness in Florida.CSspecs is the website.I have one of these mags and plan on ordering another.You would be hard pressed to find a better quality mag anywhere.50$ bucks aint bad for 10 more rounds and you can't put a price on reliability.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mrl4ng

ha. Lack of mag-availability was the reason I sold mine. Didnt think there would be interest in producing a new mag option for a rifle that is no longer imported. Shows what I know. Ha. Those are nice guns. I kinda miss mine.

Having watched a few episodes of Sons of Guns, I would NEVER buy anything with the Red Jacket name on it.

That is your prerogative. Red Jacket has been making and modifying weapon systems for LE, military and private security professionals long before the Discovery channel came along. I can think of no stronger endorsement than to have men and women that rely on Red Jacket's weapons to defend their lives. Also, they are considered to be at the forefront of suppressor technology available in the US. I am proud to be the owner of a Red Jacket suppressed SBR kalashnikov that I got before they became TV stars.

The only redjacket suppressor that I have seen looks like it is made from freeze plugs. I wouldn't exactly call that the forefront of technology.

I understand that some people like them and thats fine. but what did they do to that AK up there to make it worth 400 dollars more than the wood furniture version?

Guest bkelm18
The only redjacket suppressor that I have seen looks like it is made from freeze plugs. I wouldn't exactly call that the forefront of technology.

I understand that some people like them and thats fine. but what did they do to that AK up there to make it worth 400 dollars more than the wood furniture version?

I'm guessing you've never heard of a VEPR....? Go ahead and try to find one for $400. :popcorn:

I'm guessing you've never heard of a VEPR....? Go ahead and try to find one for $400. :popcorn:

I'm guessing that my post wasn't clear enough. Urse posted a link to a VEPR and a link to a Red Jacket VEPR. I couldn't find anything in the description other than the different furniture that would justify a 400 dollar premium over the regular VEPR.

The Vepr variants really do need to be seen to be appreciated. They are definitely on the heavy side but also amongst the most accurate AK variant ever made. As for the $400? Let's tally it up.....

The Vepr has a slant cut in the rear of the receiver and ACE ltd is pretty much the only manufacturer of a rear block that permits other stock options.

Rear Block......... AK/SAIGA RECEIVER BLOCK- SAIGA INTERNAL STOCK ADAPTER ...........45.00

Stock............... AK-SAIGA ALUMINUM FOLDING STOCK (Stock Only) ...............................97.50

Folding Mechanism............... Folding Stock Hinge for AK/Saiga Stocks .............................65.00

Pistol Grip.................................. GRIP AK/SAIGA FINGER GROOVE <B>BLACK</B> .......20.00 (not an exact match so we will knock of a few $)

Tri- Rail Foregrip............. Surefire Saiga 12GA 3 Rail Forearm - Allied Armory ...................69.95

For a total parts cost of $297.45 you may be able to find some of the parts cheaper so lets knock off another $25 for frugal shopping skills and that leaves us at $272.45. Take that away from $400 and you have a total of $127.50 for labor. Compared to what my auto mechanic charges per hour that seems like a fair deal to me.

P.S........ I am not sure how familiar you are with supressors but AAC, Gemtech and Red Jacket are considered amongst the best. Head over to Silencertalk.com and do some reading.

I am a member on silencer talk and NFA talk and both forums have threads bashing red jacket. Again, they may make some nice stuff but that show makes them look like a bunch of idiots who make low quality items. Also, I've seen the owner guy take credit a couple of times for coming up with something new even though its been around for a couple of decades. The masterkey is a prime example of that.