Knoxville court case: use of deadly force outside your house?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest friesepferd

well, not surprised at all that the media had given a scewed version of the story.

article #1 sounded like the homeowner saw him, he fleed, and the homeowner ran after him screaming and shooting

sounds like more likely was the guy was afraid for his life and shot in self defense

Who knows...gal may have had some axe to grind, too. That's prob with most cases, we never get a really comprehensive report of actual evidence presented.

- OS

The girl friend was probably mad that she had to carry the flashlight. In the dark if someone shoots at you they will shoot towards the light.

Glenn

I think it is interesting that this guy was found not guilty so quickly in the face of the circcumstances. My take is that more and more people are getting fed up with thugs running wild and shooting in defense of property is becomming a more viable option for some folks (...those sitting on the jury...). The Knoxville metro area (...along with lots of other places...) is rapidly turning into a cesspool of thuggery. It appears that more citizens are comming to the conclusion that since the law seems powerless to punish this thuggery; folks are taking a more sober view of these situations, revolting against the pronouncements of the "court officers" (....read that prosecuting attorneys...), and giving approval to more "final" actions.

Looks to me like the legal establishment (...prosecuting attorneys and the criminal court system...) needs to concentrate more on actually punishing criminal behavior; but that's just me.

leroy

I think it is interesting that this guy was found not guilty so quickly in the face of the circcumstances. My take is that more and more people are getting fed up with thugs running wild and shooting in defense of property is becomming a more viable option for some folks (...those sitting on the jury...). The Knoxville metro area (...along with lots of other places...) is rapidly turning into a cesspool of thuggery. It appears that more citizens are comming to the conclusion that since the law seems powerless to punish this thuggery; folks are taking a more sober view of these situations, revolting against the pronouncements of the "court officers" (....read that prosecuting attorneys...), and giving approval to more "final" actions.

Looks to me like the legal establishment (...prosecuting attorneys and the criminal court system...) needs to concentrate more on actually punishing criminal behavior; but that's just me.

leroy

I had that conversation with my girlfriend last night. People are sick and tired of thugs.

leroy

Can't say you're too far off...

Guest 270win

It looks like the people in Knox County need to elect a new prosecutor.

It also looks like the self defense laws in this state need a little bit of a revision to include some things that are not presently on the books, like felony theft or just theft. States out west have better laws than TN when it comes to deadly force. I would personally scrap the whole wording and go with something new and just go with arson, break and entering, kidnapping, burglary, felony theft, forcible felony, violent crime, escaping from such crimes, prison/jail escapees etc. as reasons people can use deadly force. Make it nice and simple and good for the good guys and extremely bad for the bad guys.