Prayers Needed!

Guest GlocKingTN

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GlocKingTN
Hang in there, man. The doctors don't have the final word; the Big Man upstairs does.

I remind myself of that everyday!:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates on your dad?

yeah! what he said! how's he doing Glock? and also, just as important..how are you holding up bud?

if you need anything..drop a post and let us know..

I'm pretty sure that if the guys got together and we all chipped in we could get a gun raffle or something to help out...

I'd be willing to throw a few bucks into the kitty to help..

Just an idea.

Guest jackdog

I was thinking of both you and your dad the other day and wondered if there was an update. Like Tower if there is anything we can do don't hesitate to ask.

Jackdog

Guest GlocKingTN

I dont wanna get mushy or anything, but that means alot! Its amazing as to how people whom I dont even know, AT ALL! Never even seen, are willing to help out! Thanks alot guys! So far, Im ok! He is doing somewhat better now. He's back out of the hospital as of Tuesday(yesterday). He seems to be doing alot better after the open-heart surgery last Thursday. The lord has answered OUR prayers so far. Maybe he will only get better. I mention this site alot to him, and he still wants to come over and check it out for himself sometime! Just please dont stop praying for him. A person can never have TOO many prayers! Thanks again guys!

Guest jackdog

GlockingTn 3 yrs ago I suffered a massive heart attack and went through a quadrupile bypass, complete with the installation of a defibulator/pace maker.

That thing has went off on 3 occasions since ( an experience that to say the least is scary as all hell). Had always exercised regularily and kept to what I thought was a decent diet. Damn heart attack came out of no where. Surprizeingly to me is that I never felt a thing. your dad will go thruogh some major transistions. One will be depression, which is quite common after this type surgery. If it would help PM me, since I've been through this I may be able to offer him some first hand experience.

Jackdog

Guest RN MEDIC

Hey Glocking,

Still mindful and prayerful for you and your dad. Hope and trust he stays as well as possible. In real life, as my screen name indicates, I'm an RN. I'm off work now temporarily due to a shoulder surgery so have a good bit of free time on my hands. My work place is at Jackson General in Jackson. Should your need help around there or should your dad be admitted there, feel free to let me know as I'd be most happy to be of service to you as my health would permit.

Always happy to help a fellow "son of liberty/gun brother". Thanks for keeping us up on his progress. I know how it is as in the past my dad had a LOT of heart trouble.

All good wishes/Blessings, RNMEDIC

Guest RN MEDIC

Jackdog, that's quite an experience you've been through. Almost exactly 2 years ago I had bypass surgery in which I had 7 bypasses done by 2 surgeons over about 6 and a half hours, but I didn't have the internal pacemaker/defibrillator implanted as that wasn't deemed necessary by my doctors; thus you had a worse case than I did. Hope and trust you are coming along well. Do take care and stay safe. As you list Dover as your home I'd guess your work was possibly done in Nashville.

Respectfully With All Good Wishes, RNMEDIC

Guest db99wj

...and always remember, always ask, you never know what people have been through, and they might be able to help or at least give you some comfort.

Guest Archimedes

Glad to hear he's doing better.

Ya, it's always a comfort to talk to someone with experience.

That goes for just about anything.

prayer-lg.jpg

~Archi

If a bullet doesn't get me, I'm expecting a heart attack to do it. Long.......family history of the problem. And I'm at about the age it gets us.

Just to reinforce what Jackdog said, depression is very common after a heart attack. Expect it.

Guest jackdog

As of now, the depression thing seems to be behind me for the most part. I'm about half of what I once was, but have come to terms with it. Still exercise daily and that really helps a lot. Do what I can do and nap when I'm sapped.

Miss the hell out of working, but hey had to slow down sometime. Watch your six mars and get an EKG.

Jackdog

Guest GlocKingTN
If a bullet doesn't get me, I'm expecting a heart attack to do it. Long.......family history of the problem. And I'm at about the age it gets us.

Just to reinforce what Jackdog said, depression is very common after a heart attack. Expect it.

My father isnt one to get depressed really. He has always been a happy-go-lucky kinda person! But things like Heart Attacks can(and do) change people, even my father!

Guest jackdog

Glocking, I was never a whinnier and was rarely if ever depressed. A few of the feelings I went through are as follows.

Why me

What is going to happen to my income

How will I support my family

Will I be able to make love again

Hey those are just a few. Usually about 4 to 6 weeks after surgery they will set your dad up in cardiac rehab. If they don't he needs to request it. Trust me on this it will speed his recovery and also to wonders to what he is going through. Plus He will learn things about diet that he never new. Once again

If you or your dad needs anything you PM me OK. Sometimes just talking to someone who's been where your at is a great help in recovery and attitude.

Jackdog

Guest GlocKingTN

If you or your dad needs anything you PM me OK. Sometimes just talking to someone who's been where your at is a great help in recovery and attitude.

Jackdog

Again thanks for the offer Jackdog!:up: