TGO member passes away

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

I received a phone call today from this man's son. He called to inform me that his father had passed away Tuesday. Teddy was the first member here on TGO that I met. He was not a very active member. I believe he only posted three post or so. I hardly ever look at the new member introduction thread but did this one day when he introduced himself and mentioned where he lived and asked if any other members were near. I lived just down the road from him and reached out.

Teddy and I weren't great friends for I didn't know him long but friends the same. I did some business with him. A few transfers here and there. Quick repairs. I sat over at his house one evening swapping old Army stories with him over a few beers. Teddy was a retired Army combat engineer. He enlisted just as Vietnam was winding down and stayed active through desert shield/storm. He retired at the rank of Major. He then worked for the postal service. He was always thankful for what us "new" soldiers were doing for our country. He said we made him proud.

Teddy suffered a seizer Monday night and evidently went without oxygen to the brain for too long. His family decided to pull life support Tuesday night. He was 55 years old. He left behind a few children. Two I believe and I know of one grandchild for I met her. He also left behind his wife of many years. Teddy was from CA and I believe ended his Army career with 101st and liked the TN area.

He will be laid to rest this Saturday and I will be there to to say good bye to my friend.

:D USAR04

Edited by GunTroll
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he lived a full life, and it sounds like he did.

RIP

Having been active on forums/chat rooms for over fifteen years, there are many folks that I have chatted with and then met in person. Some in passing, maybe just a lunch. Others whom have become near and dear to me (such as my wife.) It is perplexing when a member become a part of an online community, then vanishes. I know that life comes and priorities change, but it still leads me to wonder what happened and where they went in life.

I don't know, but for me, it gives a sense of closure and of family/friend to have someone reach out and inform the community of a death of a member.

For that I feel lucky to be here.

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Is this the first member we have lost?

No. Marswolf is the first one that comes to mind and his death had a huge impact on this forum a few years ago.

I too offer condolences to Teddy's family. May he rest in peace.

Guest TargetShooter84
No. Marswolf is the first one that comes to mind and his death had a huge impact on this forum a few years ago.

I too offer condolences to Teddy's family. May he rest in peace.

I remember seeing his posts back then....never found out what happened? PM me if it's too personal to post on here....

Teddy sounds like a good, decent man who loved his country and his family as well which is high praise even though a lot of people in this world wouldn't understand that.

Rest in peace and prayers for his family. Death is the ultimate, inescapable end to life; but it's never easy for those left behind.