Hawg huntn'

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked and looked for places to hunt wild hogs, but to no avail. I'm new to hog hunting and do not know where to start. I know that public lands can be hunted with the same requirements as private land (except WMAs) but I'm not having any luck on finding those either. Does anyone have ideas of places public or private that we could hunt that would possibly have hogs? Any help would be appreciated. We would like to stay within 1-2 hr drive of Sevierville (100 mile radius) Thanks

There are some listed in the TN hunting regs. According to them, that part of the state is covered in Hogs! Never been there myself, so not sure. I'm interested in an East TN hog hunt myself. I may just buy an out of state tag this year to hunt them.

Guest FTG-05

Start here: NFSMS: National Feral Swine Mapping System:::::::::::::::::::::SCWDS Lab (too bad for the limited resolution, but I've asked for more and got told no, oh well).

Then call your local or state wildlife biologist. How do you find these people? Simple, do a google search in your state for "feral hogs". I can just about guarantee you the state biologist has written papers about the TN hog problem. Google his name, then call and/or e-mail and away you go. This, of course, is for public land. There's tons of private hog hunting places in TN, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

ETA: first hit: http://www.tennessee.gov/twra/pdfs/hoghunttips.pdf

2nd hit: http://www.dnrintra.state.il.us/ORC/Wildlife/ReportsW/General/FeralHogs.pdf

I've done this in AL and you'd be surprised how helpful these people are in helping you kill hogs, they want them bastages gone!

Good luck.

Edited by FTG-05