Question for FFL holders in Knoxville

Guest rockrawl

Guest rockrawl

Im applying for my FFL as "in home" and have questions about the zoning. Im in the city limits and I know I have to have a Bussiness license for city and couny but is there anything else as far as zoning needed? Thanks in advance

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Some localities require you to have an actual store front (IE. they don't allow in-home FFLs) before they approve your application, not sure if Knoxville/Knox County are that way but it's something to look into if you haven't already.

Guest TnValleyBulletman

You will have to check to see if it is OK with the city. The ATF wont approve your application if there will be a problem with zoning. This requirement is one of the things that reduced the number of FFL's.

Guest rockrawl

It is ok to have a bussiess out of your home in knoxville, as long as you dont sell "retail" from your house. I was really wanting to know if there was a home based business permit in knoxville because My initial calls to the zoning board turned up nothing but i finnally got he answers i was looking for. Thanks

It is ok to have a bussiess out of your home in knoxville, as long as you dont sell "retail" from your house.

That will probably kill you with the ATF. I can’t have one in Murfreesboro or I would have had one a long time ago.

Hope you have better luck. thumbsup.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.