Who Carry's in a posted place

Guest aaron a

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I look at improperly-posted places as trying to appease the ignorant, while winking at those who would know. I have no problem carrying there.

On the other hand, if a place bothers to post properly, it's clear that they don't want my business.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I try not to test the effectiveness of a posting by ignoring it.

You may be able to prove your point, but it would be up to a court, not an arresting officer to make that determination. Could be expensive, and you risk your ability to carry legally where you can at least in the interim.

If someone is making an effort to indicate they don't want guns in their establishment, I am more likely to engage them in a discussion about why, and inform them that they are not taking the legal steps to accomplish what they wish, and risk my business in the process.

They may well have made the calculation that they risk a greater loss of business by not posting, so it's ultimately my decision whether to patronize them or not.

IMVHO ignoring it just invites trouble while accomplishing little. :screwy:

I don’t.

According to the AG the language only need be “substantially similarâ€.

“NO GUNS ALLOWED†is substantially similar.

However… no cases (that can be verified) have ever been posted here of anyone being charged. This gets a lot of discussion for a situation that as far as we know has never happened. :screwy:

Oh yeah…. IBTL. :D

Guest aaron a

I had contacted the department of safety and thay told me it has to have the T.C.A. codes posted that is directly from the THP officer that is over the handgun carry permit's I spoke to on the phone myself .