Nashville Library Parking Garage and Library

Guest tcampbell

Guest tcampbell

Any restrictions on this that any one knows of ? Nothing posted that I have seen. As far as I know it's ok. Sometimes I go to the arena, and I try to park in that garage when I can because parking is only 4 bucks. I need to lock it up in the vehicle if I'm going to the arena if I have my pistol with me.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing in the statutes that would keep you from carrying inside a public library or the parking lot, unless it has the proper signs. For that matter, there is nothing that keeps you from carrying when you go to the county clerk to get your license plate (even though some think you can't carry in a govt building). I'd carry my gun inside the library to keep it from being stolen.

Guest tcampbell

I actually won't be going in the library, just parking in the library garage...I will be going to the arena. Can't take it in the arena. I have to go to work after I get done at the arena, and I am allowed to carry on my weekend job, I just don't have time to run home between going to the arena and going to work. I have a car safe from center-of-mass, so it will be secured inside of the vehicle. I will not be leaving my ammo in the vehicle with my gun. I should have been more specific.

There is nothing in the statutes that would keep you from carrying inside a public library or the parking lot, unless it has the proper signs. For that matter, there is nothing that keeps you from carrying when you go to the county clerk to get your license plate (even though some think you can't carry in a govt building). I'd carry my gun inside the library to keep it from being stolen.

thats right.they have to post signs just like everyone

I actually won't be going in the library, just parking in the library garage...I will be going to the arena. Can't take it in the arena. I have to go to work after I get done at the arena, and I am allowed to carry on my weekend job, I just don't have time to run home between going to the arena and going to work. I have a car safe from center-of-mass, so it will be secured inside of the vehicle. I will not be leaving my ammo in the vehicle with my gun. I should have been more specific.

With all the vagrants hanging out in the library, I would definitely carry. BTW I carry in the Sommet Center as well.

Guest tcampbell

It's illegal to carry in the arena and with a precinct being there, I wouldn't want to take the chance. The arena doesn't have to post it either. They don't do pat downs for the preds games, but they do search purses, bags, etc,...I would suspect they do pat downs for the concerts...last time I went to the arena for a concert, they did a pat down.

It's illegal to carry in the arena and with a precinct being there, I wouldn't want to take the chance. The arena doesn't have to post it either. They don't do pat downs for the preds games, but they do search purses, bags, etc,...I would suspect they do pat downs for the concerts...last time I went to the arena for a concert, they did a pat down.

I'm interested to know what code stipulates that carrying a firearm is illegal in the arena... Is it properly posted? (I haven't been there since it was the GEC)

Guest tcampbell

I believe it falls under 39-17-1311. Metro Government owns the building, they just lease it to preds management for operations, etc..

39-17-1311. Carrying weapons on public parks, playgrounds, civic centers and other public recreational buildings and grounds. —

(a) It is an offense for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, with the intent to go armed, any weapon prohibited by § 39-17-1302(a), not used solely for instructional, display or sanctioned ceremonial purposes, in or on the grounds of any public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof, for recreational purposes.

In all honesty I had already planned on not carrying inside. I had been in contact with security and the didn't seem very pleased that anyone would even ask.

I too figured they would fall under 39-17-1311, but if not the fact they sell alcohol would take care of it.