Calling all 1911 owners....

Guest rebeldrummer

Guest rebeldrummer

I have 2 holsters here that I want to get some comments on....

If anyone has one of these and can tell me about how well they carry and hold up that would be great....

First one you can see here...look just like the one on top (black/fde combo)

Edge Works SOC Holster

Second one you can see here...

Safariland Custom Fit Paddle Holster - Model 560 - Glock 17, 22 - Left Hand

tell me what you think...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same Safariland for a Glock. It is top quality(like all Safariland products). It is very comfortable if worn on the hip bone. The paddle is very curved to fit around the hip. Unless you reshaped the paddle, it wouldn't be very comfortable elsewhere. YMMV.

Best of luck with it.

Guest rebeldrummer
Are you stuck on plastic? I can make you a custom leather holster for less money than either of those.

No I am not. These holsters both were given to me and I dont even have a 1911 !!! thats the crazy part..

I am looking for one however, so I wanted to know which one I might keep (if either)

I like leather alot though...real classic looking

Guest rebeldrummer
I would keep one for range use, probably safariland, but for carry would get a custom leather.

the Safari is a nice, thick leather. I kind of like it. But the other is just "tacti-cool" in a way....it has a piece that goes up around where the hammer would be, then there is a lever you push slightly and that piece flips down. kind of cool...

the Safari is a nice, thick leather. I kind of like it. But the other is just "tacti-cool" in a way....it has a piece that goes up around where the hammer would be, then there is a lever you push slightly and that piece flips down. kind of cool...

Yeah safari land makes one similar the a lot of LE use. Hell, I oaf the notion you can never have too many holsters, just keep them. Plus selling used holsters is never a big money maker anyhow