East Ky Bull Elk Hunt

Guest Oletrapper

Guest Oletrapper

Hi guys, Don't know if anyone would be interested or not but wanted to let all know that the N. KY. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited is raffling an East Ky. Bull Elk Tag for the 2011 season. Raffle includes a shoulder mount and tag is good for any zone. All the information can be found at www.qu.org and it was the 8th item down on their home page or PM me.

Thanks and good hunting, OT

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oletrapper

Your welcome KharMan and Hunting 101. This has not been an easy project. Getting the word out has been somewhat difficult but we are getting there. If you would like a flyer just let me know. You can email me at thekysportsman@hughes.net Thanks again, Robert Smith, aka Oletrapper

Thanks for the info. ;)
Guest Oletrapper

I heard of 2 6bys and 1 7by. Have not seen any photos however. Some say Ky will produce the next world record. Herd is now between 10 and 11K.

Edited by Oletrapper
clarification on herd size, sorry for the error
Guest Oletrapper

Thank you Sneak, I will watch for it and good luck in the draw.

Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited

www.qu.org

Thanks Robert! The check is in the mail! (well it will be tomorrow) :D
Guest Oletrapper

Thank you to Tennessee Gun Owners for allowing us to get the word out there. To date our post has resulted in 6 tickets sold to Tennessee hunters. You guys are great! Good luck in the draw. Watch for further updates.

Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited, aka Oletrapper

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Oletrapper

One more email last evening which resulted in a ticket sold as a result of our post here. A great big thank you goes out to TGO and those helping us make this fundraiser a great success. Good luck to all in the draw.

Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited, aka Oletrapper

thekysportsman@hughes.net

Thank you to Tennessee Gun Owners for allowing us to get the word out there. To date our post has resulted in 6 tickets sold to Tennessee hunters. You guys are great! Good luck in the draw. Watch for further updates.

Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited, aka Oletrapper

Guest Oletrapper

A great big Thank You!

Just want to say thank you to Tennessee Gun Owners.com Forums and all those who have helped us make our fund raiser a great success. Good luck to all in the draw

Our raffle is winding down and Internet sales will end on April 21. because of mail delivery time. We must receive an entry no later than April 29th. If we should happen to receive a check after the draw date, we will mark it void and return it to the entrant. There are tickets still available so if you want to participate, you need to hurry. Thanks again.

Yours in conservation,

Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited

thekysportsman@hughes.net

• 1 month later...
Guest Oletrapper

Update to our Bull Elk Tag Raffle

Hello everyone, Just wanted to let everyone know how our Elk Tag Raffle went. Thanks to many that visit this site, our raffle was a great success.

Many thanks go out to TNGunOwners.com for allowing our post.

The winner of the raffle was Mark Tucker of Brooksville, KY. I called Mark when his ticket was pulled and he could not have been more excited. He told me he had tried for many years to save up money for a western elk hunting trip but every time he got close, something happened at home and had to use the money and he could not make the trip. Well, now he can go and not have to leave home. At least not very far from home.

Below, I have posted the financial report which was submitted to the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources. Again, thanks to all who helped us make this fundraiser a great success.

Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited

NKY QUAIL UNLIMITED CHAPTER #481

2011 Bull Elk Special Commission Permit Fund Raiser

FINANCIAL REPORT

Gross Revenue $16,115.00

Expenses

Advertisement $545.00

Taxidermy $600.00

Net Income $14,970.00

Projects Funded:

1. Purchase of one Demco 300 gallon pull behind sprayer, 21’ booms, PTO driven. To be stored at Lloyd WMA and administered by Clay Smitson for use in wildlife habitat projects. - $6,200.00

2. Sending youths to Camp Webb - $1,000.00

3. Seed distribution - $5,770.00

4. Jakes/Covey Day Event $2,000.00

Total Project costs - $14,970.00