The 41 Magnum Thread

gregintenn

Show us yours. I'll go first.

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

Mine is a Nickel 4" model 57 no dash Smith and Wesson. I really like the gun. It's a bit more than the 357 Mag, and a bit less than the 44 Mag. It is a shame they aren't more popular, as I believe this is just about the perfect revolver round. As it is today, it is almost a handloading proposition. Maybe one day they'll get the popularity they deserve. The 41 does have, albeit a small, but a very loyal following.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oaklands

This is my baby. A model 58 in excellent condition. A nice hand me down from my father. I don't think there is a dollar figure that could buy this one off me. It is a great shooter and I do carry it way every once in a while. Carry 2 speed strips in my pocket when I do.

41magnum001.jpg

41magnum002.jpg

41magnum005.jpg

Greg:________________

We dont like 41's at our house; we just have six. Three ruger sa's (...one new model--2 old...) and three brothers to your smith model 57. The 41 mag is the caliber i started shooting "magnum" loads in. They are a great thing!!!

PS-- I love Oakland's model 58. They are a great thing!! I'm sorry i didnt pick a couple of them up when you actually could find (...and afford....) them. They have turned into a pretty valuable collector's item now.

Keep up the good work!

leroy

I kept my eye on a Ruger Redahawk that Range USA had on consignment,probably looked at it half a dozen times,suddenly the owner dropped tha price about $50.00 dollars,thats when I decided I needed a .41 Mag.It was a good choice,they shoot great.

IMG_1367.jpg

Double Rugers equals double fun

IMG_1369.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TnValleyBulletman

I don't like 41 mags much, so i only have two 57's, a 58 and a Ruger Bisley. I can't get groups under an inch at 25 yds. with any of them. Even from a Ransom rest:)

That's why I am keeping them. I wouldn't want to pass something like that off on someone else:D

Guest Ken45

:shake:

I do have some pickup 38 super and 10mm brass I have saved from years ago. Never found any .41 though.

.41 would be a nice caliber although I'd probably choose .45LC first. OTOH, for some reason I just don't care to shoot revolvers that much, I'd rather shoot a semi although not having to chase brass is certainly a big advantage of a revolver.

Probably if I had it to do over again, I'd pick .41 and .45LC over 44 mag if I could find such guns.

Ken

I use .41 MAG brass ( and sometimes .30-30 Win) to make my .401 Herters,..does that count ? ballistics are identical, dimensions are different by only a few thousandths and it came out some 5 years earlier..

Having said that I would love to get my hands on a "proper" .41 something like FTG's 58

John

Did someone say .38 Super and 10mm ? ? ;)