How to win Ebay?

Guest db99wj

I've won tons of stuff on evil-bay. I've made alot of people mad too, I'm one of those people who bids at the last second. But I win alot because I bid random numbers. I've won auctions by just 2 cents before. Almost everyone bids whole round numbers, $1.00, 1.25, 1.50, 1.75 etc...if the high bid is $1.50, and it goes in .25 increments. Bid $1.76, or $2.01. More often than not you'll win. I bid at the last second and the highest amount I'm willing to spend. If you bid early all it does is drive the price up.
It won’t matter.

If I bid 1.75 and have the winning bid, and the increment is .25, and you bid 1.76 after me; it won’t accept your bid and I win. You would have to bid $2 to beat me.

Actually I think Mglass1045 is right. I have won several auctions by bidding an odd amount of cents on the end. In the above example I have even bid 1.78 or 2.03 to beat the ones that may only go over by a penny or two...and it has worked.

I think the bid increments is just a minimum the bid can be increased by and what the automatic bid increase uses.

At least that has been my experience anyway.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I think Mglass1045 is right. I have won several auctions by bidding an odd amount of cents on the end. In the above example I have even bid 1.78 or 2.03 to beat the ones that may only go over by a penny or two...and it has worked.

I think the bid increments is just a minimum the bid can be increased by and what the automatic bid increase uses.

At least that has been my experience anyway.

Yes........Always bid a few cents odd and above.

oldogy

One thing is to not bid until as late as possible whether its hours, minutes, or seconds. Remember. The earlier you bid the higher the price will go. I've seen people bid days before an item ends hoping to win and they are almost always outbid 99% of the time. Now that I have DSL, I can wait until 3 or 4 seconds before the end of an aution and I always bid odd amounts, like $.56 or $.06 & I win about 90% of the items I go for. Sometimes I get outbid even then due to another bidder having a higher max bid, but I usually use my max bid anyway so it never bothers me. Sometimes it turns into a game.

I have sent a contact email to many Ebay sellers asking to buy items if they have more. Then make offline deals over the phone or email. This has worked real well in getting good buys on items sometimes. Works even better on Gunbroker.

I'm willing to pay about $6 more than what my maximum bid, which is about $20 more than my current bid. Should I go ahead and bump up my max, or wait 6 hours and 28 minutes, 13 seconds beforehand, to adjust it?

If I lose it, I'm going to contact the store directly and see if they have any buy it now deals on what I want. They do have them on similar items.

sometimes I'll tickle the bid just to see if I can figure out where the current bidder is sitting. Then I usually use hammersnipe to set my final price. I use the free version which is about the same as you sitting in front of your computer waiting to click the button in the last few seconds. It works good and does not give your max bid away until the end.

I have sent a contact email to many Ebay sellers asking to buy items if they have more. Then make offline deals over the phone or email. This has worked real well in getting good buys on items sometimes. Works even better on Gunbroker.

Anymore, most sellers send you a Second Chance Offer, if they have more of the item and, liked your high bid enough.

- OS

Guest WyattEarp
bid within the last 15 seconds...have multiple screens open in your browser so you can change back and forth during the last few seconds.

Now this guy knows what's up. I usually do the same but I bid with about 4 seconds left. Leaves nothing to chance. I've won about 200 auctions that way and got some great deals. I stalk an auction till the last few seconds and then I pull the trigger the last few seconds. Nothing more gratifying than sniping an auction at the last dying ass second.

"sent from my highly technical ****."

Now this guy knows what's up. I usually do the same but I bid with about 4 seconds left. Leaves nothing to chance. I've won about 200 auctions that way and got some great deals. I stalk an auction till the last few seconds and then I pull the trigger the last few seconds. Nothing more gratifying than sniping an auction at the last dying ass second.

Except there may be any number of automated bids all happening in last 5 seconds.

Still comes down to the highest.

- OS

Guest db99wj

You guys and your fancy software, I just bid the highest, and sent threatening emails. Works everytime!

They were shipped, or being shipped today!

They have a new listing of what I bought, with a Buy it Now of $64.95. So even their full price, I saved almost $9. That is the price that I would have paid up to as well. So, in my mind, I got a good deal!

Here is what I bought:

$%28KGrHqF,%21i8E1M8eI%29g4BN%28sqqSmRw%7E%7E0_3.JPG

We were at a Volleyball tournament and someone left a pair of these on the wifes Minivan, they were white. I got them, and put them on, they fit great, close to your face, and are light weight. I turned them in and looked them up, around $95 to $100 for the ones that are polarized. Great reviews on them. I have a pair of cheap ones, that I spent around $15 on and I hate them, they don't fit close to my face, they have loosened up, move too much when I run. They are only a few months old. They started out fine. These are great for sports and other active outside activities. They are polarized as well.

Guest WyattEarp
Except there may be any number of automated bids all happening in last 5 seconds.

- OS

only ran into that once or twice. i've lost a few auctions, but most of them I win.

- OS

I recently used the automated bids to win two items, each still below my maxinum bid I was willing to pay.