M&P 9

Mark A

My wife has been shooting Sigs since I do. I've tried to get her to try different types of guns. She shot Glock's and others but didn't like any of them. A couple of weekends back we were taking a class in Birmingham that had Randy Lee (Apex Tactical) as one of the adjunct instructors.

He had a couple of M&P's with his drop in trigger kits in them. I shot one for a few minutes and really liked it. It is by far the softest shooting 9 I've ever shot and the trigger was great. My wife spent the last training day shooting one of them and at the end told me she really liked it. Since she doesn't shoot a lot I think not having to worry about the DA/SA transition helped her relax and shoot.

So, we ordered a couple of drop in trigger kits. We also picked up a Julie Golog version for her and a Pro 9 for me (after all, she might have a question so I need a gun like hers!)

I watched about 45 minutes of videos on youtube and off I went. I am decently mechanically inclined but had never really dug into a gun before. It took me about 15 minutes to do each gun. The only thing I didn't add was the heavier trigger spring. These will be strictly range/training guns for us so I'm not too worried about having a light trigger.

The stock triggers were mushy and pretty much sucked. Now there is a very crisp break and the reset is a ton better. If you've been thinking about one of these pistols or kits I highly recommend it.

Mark

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The pro that I shot had a barrel in it that he is modifying for more accuracy. I don't know how much more work he has to go on it before they get them produced but it was a laser at 15 yards.

I've known Randy for a little over 2 years. He is a patient instructor, and great shot and a really nice guy.

Mark

I bought the M&P Pro 9mm 5" last week, 500 flawless rounds over the weekend and I highly impressed with this gun, it's going to be my competition gun for the year and I'll be adding the Apex kit soon but sure would like the new sear they showed at Shot Show!!! COOP