Gallatin Gun IDPA Rifle Match

Gallatin Gun IDPA will host a rifle only match on March 12. Start time around 9:15. Last gate check around 9:00. Regular match fees, 4 or 5 stages and up to 116 rounds. Any shoulder fired gun may be used except for high power rounds. Pistol rounds ok, .22 for youth ok. You are welcome to try it with a pistol, however the 45 yard 4" steel may be a problem. ;)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close, but Not really, I have changed the classes around to allow more different guns to shoot. The COF will be run like a pistol match, just with rifles. SSP will be iron sights and dots, ESP for scopes and super high cap mags. CDP for iron man ".308, 30-06, 8mm" . Round counts will run from 18 to 28 rounds per stage. We will use cover, (peek and shoot) like IDPA pistol. Thanks for the help

What a nice day to be at the range...., other than my sorry-ass shooting. :)

Hey, who was that wearing the red TGO hat? I was SOing the new shooters squad and didn't get a chance for an intro.

BTW - - - Great stages Robert. :up:

• 1 month later...
Guest zack308

I see GGC has a side match for rifles coming up soon. I was wondering what the match is, what I need or where I can find rules, etc. I have never shot competition before but want to get into it. I do own an ar, I just need to know what sights I can run and whatnot. Thanks, zack

Bring what you have. I divide the guns into iron sight and scoped rifles. Any mags will do. The stage for this side match is only 20 rounds. It will be in stage 4 after the IDPA match. It is a house clearing stage using a rifle. Most targets will be upclose, with in 15 yards. I have a new door to breach for stage 4, should be fun.