1. 1. What do you only own?

• I am just a handgun owner
    • I am just a long gun owner

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the past several years, I have been shooting mostly handguns. They are just easier to transport, especially since, with an HCP, I can just put the handgun in a holster, grab a box of ammo and hearing/eye protection and go. Also, since I do carry a handgun when I legally can, I like to stay familiar with handguns, either by firing the actual guns in my carry rotation or with a .22 handgun.

That said, my early experience with firearms was mostly with the single-shot shotguns I got as gifts in my teen years as well as my dad's Glenfield 30-30. To this day, I think that a lever action rifle might just be my idea of the most fun firearm to shoot. I inherited that 30-30 but don't shoot it all that much just because I don't think of 30/30 as a very practical plinker/paper puncher. In fact, because plinking with a 30/30 isn't entirely practical, I just bought a basic Henry lever .22LR a couple of weeks ago. Being a .22 with all the benefits of plinking with a .22, that rifle might just help to begin balancing out that whole "I shoot mostly handguns," thing.

Edited by JAB
Guest bkelm18

I only own handguns at the moment. Rifles just don't fit into my defensive plan at the moment. I might get a small caliber rifle/carbine in the future for a SHTF scenario.

Yeah, I don't fit the Poll profile--love 'em all. And after seeing an old episode of "Sons of Guns" last night, now I want an AK and I have always been an AR person and never thought I'd want an AK. Nah, I think I just want one of everything I've ever heard someone talk about on TGO!

Yes this is a poll

Thus the reason I only asked the two questions I did.

I know MOST here own both but i thought there might be just a few who only owns one or the other.

Thanks for the good reading for those who did post!!!

I never did chime in on here. You might as well say I am a just handgun guy. I have two long guns, the LWRC M6A2 D-DEA and a FN SLP Mark 1. I can't shoot either of them worth a :). I guess it is sort of bad to say you are more accurate with a handgun than a rifle.

Yeah, I don't fit the Poll profile--love 'em all. And after seeing an old episode of "Sons of Guns" last night, now I want an AK and I have always been an AR person and never thought I'd want an AK. Nah, I think I just want one of everything I've ever heard someone talk about on TGO!

I've been watching that show as well...can't say it turned me into and AK fan. :)

I had my first opportunity to shoot an AK last fall...I'm glad I got to do it but I'll happily stick to my SCAR!