Fun Thread! What is your favorite "cool" song?

Punisher84

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A second vote for Radar Love, with the Cream philmore live cut of Crossroads right up there.

About anything by Creedence Clearwater is kewl if you haven't heard it for awhile.

About any Allman Bros is kewl if you haven't heard it for awhile. In Memory of Elizabeth Reed. Statesboro Blues. You Don't Love Me. Leave My Blues at Home.

One of my favorite verses in songdom:

I'm goin' to the country

Baby do you wanna go?

Cuz if you can't make it baby

Your sister Lucille said she wanna go...

And I sure would take her.

Classic!

OK, I'll grant you that. If I really want to "amp it up", I'll plug in the Strat, turn off the lights, and get lost in some 12 bar blues.

Red House by Jimi Hendrix anyone?

Very nice.

Lagerhead, Black Keys are definitely a favorite.

I'll add my favorite "multi-purpose" song is still In the air tonight by Phil Collins. No matter what mood I'm in it works.

In The Air Tonight - another great one.

Red House by Jimi Hendrix anyone?

Good one! Excellent tune. Stevie Ray did a mighty respectable job with that as well. Of course, Stevie Ray did a mighty fine job on every song.

Edit: I would be remiss if I didn't mention Little Wing in the same post that mentions Jimi and Stevie Ray.

Edited by Motasyco
Let's add Little Wing
Guest Michael.G

eddie money- Take me home tonight

Jackyl - Down on me

eddie money - Shakin'

David Alan Coe - The Ride

Nitty Gritty Dirt band - Fishing in the Dark

Edited by Boondock Saint

For me, the list is long and wide with examples spanning everything from Bluegrass to Death Metal. However, the ones that come to mind first and get played on my iPod the most are:

Born with a Tail by The Supersuckers

Molly (Sixteen Candles) by Sponge

Space Lord by Monster Magnet

Gravity's Gone by Drive-By Truckers

and possibly my number 1, all-time make me feel good song (which, strangely, I haven't heard in a long time):

Blue Highway by Billy Idol