Electronic cigs

Has (or does) anyone here that smokes tried the "e-cigarettes"? I wanted to try them and ended up getting the "Green Smoke" brand. While the starter kit is somewhat pricey, it does come close to delivering one of the closest sensations (in my opinion) to actual cigarettes. It even does pretty good while drinking. If anyone on here smokes and is thinking of quitting or wanting a safer alternative, you might want to check them out. It claims to contain only water, nicotine, proylene glycol (a common food additive) and flavoring. I am going to try it for 30 days and see how it continues to do. So far, so good...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you! I'm curious as to the effectiveness. I'm to the point that a cigarette will give me a buzz

and I'm almost cured of the damned things. That and a few other things working on killing me, lately.

working on my third change in blood pressure med. That's some real Barbara Streisand!

I have been smoke free since Jan. 17 last month with an ego ecig and very satisfied. There is another forum called ecf (e-cig forum) that you can find alot of knowledge and some great prices on products. At first when smoking both didnt seem as good but once I stopped the cigs it was much better.

I knew a person that used them to quit. He liked them pretty good. Also he used them indoors. I as a non smoker could not smell anything beside him.

Be careful, there are some pricey scam things out there that try to get you to sign up on packages. They hook you up on a free setup but sign you up on a membership and deliver you products every month. Don't join those. Do some research. My aunt almost got sucked into one of those scams. She got out just in time.

My Friend at work, brought the E-cig, a recharger and refills. he had what seems like a bit of an investment upfront but then his refills were dirt cheap. He was recharging the e-cig instead of buying new ones like some of the plans.

Guest Lester Weevils

The ones I tried gave a worse sore throat than smoking and were very inconsistent delivery from one refill to the other. It was difficult to tell when they were empty because some of the refills would hardly work right out of the cellophane.

Maybe there are better brands, but they all seem to come from some place in china, the same place that poison dog food and baby milk and lead toys come from. So it didn't seem productive spending a lot of dollars searching for a brand that might actually be effective and hassle-free.

The poisons in tobacco are heavily researched and strictly regulated. The poisons in ecigs are not regulated and not well researched.

But the basic ecig idea is a good one. It is the implementation that sucks, IMO.

I know someone that used them and has not had a cigarette since last November. He got good results from them.

I had never seen or heard of them until I saw him take it out of his pocket, screw it together, and start smoking it. I didn't know what was going on until he explained it to me.

Guest Bigben27

I use these everyday it helped really cut back on regular cigs I'm down to 2 a day. You'll spend a ton of money it seems like when you start with a ecig if you need help with one of want something better Im me been messing around with ecigs for over 2 years now