Should I cut my losses?

Guest iScream

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest iScream
Your experience sounds very similar to mine. I have a XD 9 service model and I bought a Springer kit last week. I like the shorter travel and reset on the trigger, but was disappointed the trigger wasn't lighter. I didn't really notice too much difference in trigger pull after installing the kit. My XD 45 did not need a better trigger, it was pretty good from the factory. My Mark III doesn't need a kit, but I was hoping for a trigger like it. I'm not planning on getting rid of my XDs as of now. I just want a lighter trigger pull and a few million dollars, while I'm dreaming. :up:

I think I do notice a lighter pull with the weaker spring that came in the trigger kit, but nothing drastic. I also left out the bar and spring that make you jack with a magazine to take down the gun, as described on the Springer Precision videos. That's supposed to decrease trigger weight a bit as well. Sure made trial fitting the trigger bar as I filed it a lot easier.

-Chris

Guest iScream
well. Is it the 3.8" compact or the 3.8" or the normal 5"

In any case, you should sell it. If its the 3.8" compact, you should sell it to me :up:

It's the 5" bi-tone model.

-Chris

Guest iScream
The thing about XDs(and XDms) are their relatively high bore-axis. That top-heavy feeling really makes it feal squirrelly in the hand. If you want to try and push through it, you could see how loading it with 147s impact it's slide to grip balance, but then you're stuck with the same problem as you get to the end of the magazine.

Yep, I think the top heavy thing bothers me too.

-Chris

Guest iScream
Sell it to another member here and put the cash into that bad ass AR.....

[/thread]

Man I don't know what else I can really do to that AR besides shoot it. I put a decent scope on it over the weekend. ( Posted updated pics in ShowAndTell )

Put about 120 rounds through it Saturday afternoon at CHMR. My wife actually put a full 30 round mag through it. :up:

-Chris

Guest highvoltage

the xdm is a fine pistol i at first had problems with the balance of mine so i added the tungsten guide rod from dons guide rods and had ben schade do a trigger job on it. man what a difference. mine is a tack driver now. i was going to order one of the trigger kits from springer precision and have him install it. but ben said no need for that he could do what i wanted with out the expense of the kit i am not sure what he did but the trigger is sweet now best shooter i own. it should be an easy sell. wish it was the new compact. that's my next buy.

Man I don't know what else I can really do to that AR besides shoot it. I put a decent scope on it over the weekend. ( Posted updated pics in ShowAndTell )

Put about 120 rounds through it Saturday afternoon at CHMR. My wife actually put a full 30 round mag through it. :D

-Chris

Get one of the rimfire conversion kits for it. It makes shooting it much easier on the wallet. And as long as you aren't expecting match grade perfromance you will be pleased. Shooting Winchester bulk mine will hold under 1 inch at 25 yards, good enough to prcatice drills and such. Along with the conversion get a few Black Dog mags and never look back.

I put over 15K rounds through my Ciener conversion before going to a dedicated setup. The dedicated is more accurate but other than that no different than one using a rifire conversion.

One more thing is get a decent trigger job done or a aftermarket trigger. Trigger jobs are pretty easy on AR's and are cheap to fix if you mess something up.

Other than that you have a nice looking setup. Now you need to do like every other AR owner has done, buy a few more. :D

Dolomite

Guest iScream
Get one of the rimfire conversion kits for it.

Hmm, this is interesting. What all is included in a conversion? I've been thinking about one of the evil black .22 rifles but maybe I'd be happier building one up myself. Is it the entire upper?

Guess I could do something crazy and search on the internet.

-Chris