Best Aftermarket AR trigger....

Howler

you've shot. Looking to replace stock trigger in my AR, but I've never shot an aftermarket trigger in the AR platform. I've adjusted or replaced the triggers in almost all of my hunting rifles except this one. Why? Price! I'd like to reduce lb pull and creep. I'm thinking single stage with about 4lb pull. What have you guys put in your AR's that you like, or what have you put in you didn't like?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Jard Adjustable Trigger 1-1/2 lb Single Stage, JP enterprises, and Mil spec trigger that I did a trigger job on. I like them all. The Mil spec has a long pull but is only about 2 lbs. The JP and Jard have that bolt action feel. Just make sure you adjust it properly.

I have done a lot of AR triggers. If you want you are more than welcome to come out to my place and I'll do yours. It is free, won't cost you anything but about 20 minutes of your time. Afterwards your trigger will have ZERO creep and the trigger will probably be less than 4 pounds. It is simple, it is reversible and I do not modify any factory parts or replace any of your factory parts.

PM me if you want to get together, again this isn't a scam and I do not want anything in return. There is a reason I don't mind, it lets me forget about life for a while. I was in a helicopter accident a few years ago and any time I can spend out of my own skin doing small projects is a good thing. It is also nice to meet new people.

Dolomite

It depends on how you are going to use the rifle. I also have a Jard 1 1/2 pound adjustable single stage on my varmint AR. It has a light pull but quite a bit of creep. It allows me to shoot tight groups, but I'm not a big fan. I wouldn't use something that light for off hand shooting.

I have done lots of research on triggers. The Geissele triggers get the best reviews. I don't think I've seen a negative review anywhere. Two stage is probably the best way to go on an AR.

EDIT: BTW... Geissele doesn't cheat. One trick to lighten trigger pull is to reduce the power in the hammer spring. That opens you up to light primer strikes, and failure to fire on some ammo. Geissele gets the job done with good machining and a full power hammer spring.

Edited by mikegideon

Are you looking for a two stage or single stage, what # of pull? For a single stage we sell quite a few of the Spike's Battle Triggers which seem to be popular for the carbine guys.

The Rock River 2-Stage National Match is by far our most popular trigger. We get em in by the dozens. Quite a few used in midlength/rifle length setups with hunters or plinkers.

If you're comparing them to the "high end" triggers, you'll probably notice a difference. The difference depends on your pocket book though. If you're doing shooting classes or 3gun stuff you might be better off getting a drop-in Geissele, Timmney, etc. If the intended use is plinking/hunting the RRA 2-stage kit is definitely one of the more popular economic choices out there for that purpose.